Is Mizzour Flirting with Big Ten again?

I wouldn't mind Kansas and Missouri. Southern Missouri is complete hillbilly land, but ST Louis and KC/Overland Park are fine B1G cities. Easy shot from DES Moines to Lawrence, and relatively easy shot to Columbia. While Kansas does not add population, it does add a high profile Basketball program.

Don't see it happening, but wouldn't mind it.

The thing that makes me so nervous about the idea of adding Mizzou and Kansas is what would happen if they went to a 4x4 rotating pod structure. Its almost certain that they would put Nebraska, KU, and Mizzou together with an historical Big Ten member, and I believe that Iowa would draw the short end of the stick in that scenario. I (and most Hawkeye fans, I believe) would hate to see that happen.

The thing that makes me so nervous about the idea of adding Mizzou and Kansas is what would happen if they went to a 4x4 rotating pod structure. Its almost certain that they would put Nebraska, KU, and Mizzou together with an historical Big Ten member, and I believe that Iowa would draw the short end of the stick in that scenario. I (and most Hawkeye fans, I believe) would hate to see that happen.
No way kansas come into the eqatuion doesn't offer anything!!!!! I want mizz to join, i believe they could bring the conference more money, and a rival for Iowa:)

John do you think mizz could bring enough money to the table for the big ten to add them? I think personally it makes allot of sense, i would love to add Maryland was well.... thats allot of TV sets!!!! I'm not for expansion, i love tradition but the writing is on the wall, we need to be proactive to-wards expansion!!!!

Mizzou makes sense. Could help Iowa recruiting in MO (and other B10 schools like IL) because most the kids who leave MO now, probably end up at B12 schools. I bet NEB as a B12 member did very well there.

Rounding out to 14 teams I like Missouri because of the geographic location and television markets. To the east try to add Syracuse for expansion into the New York market.

The balance remains about the same in the Big Ten with Missouri in the Legends and Syracuse in the Leaders.

I absolutely think Missouri has the revenue component. On that front, if Iowa and Mzzou had side by side resumes and we were talking about BTN upside on revenue Mizzou wins hands down and going away

1.5 million TV households in MO
Even at $1/mth that equals $18M/yr.
That means all other B1G members take a PAY CUT to add Missouri.

Think we can agree that no one is taking a pay cut.

I wouldnt want to take a pay cut!!!! Where did you find tv households in missouri at? I cant find it i would be intrested in looking at other states!!!!
:D

Does your TV's include the Kansas side of Kansas City and the Illinois side of St Louis? That would be a lot more TV's.

I would like to see Missouri added so they would talk Big Ten on the local radio. I do not see Kansas getting added.

I just read Kansas city and st Louis are 21, and 31 TV markets in the united states there has to be more TV sets than 1.5 million......:confused::confused:

I live in the KC 'burbs and no one cares about Mizzou.
I imagine StL is the same.
Both are pro sports cities.
KU has a much, much greater presence in KC than Mizzou.

Jon, you're a professional journalist. When are you going to learn that an ellipsis is not a comma and you look like an idiot when you use it as one?