Is Minnesota a rivalry??

Is Minnesota a rivalry game

• Yes, there is still bitter blood there.

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • No, they stink too bad to be a rival.

Votes: 24 51.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
not even sure what you're talking about here or how it in any way relates to the discussion at hand.

Well what Im trying to say is that yes I know Iowa has to get up for the game against Ia St or Minny. But its not much of a rivalry if its one ended. Who do you think Iowa gets more pumped up for? I think MI, and MI State right now because its been close lately and both teams have one games. The Brad Pitt comment means you cant have a rivalry with just anyone specaily when you nothing to add to the game. This is like the whole thing with Ia St. they bring nothing to the table. So why should we play them? They dont get any shame from losing to us. Same thing with MI/OSU when MI is not even a contender to win the game why is the game a big deal? Just because something used to be a big deal doesnt mean it stays that way.

So I was browsing through big ten news on the Star Tribune and found this comment posted on an article:

This is ESPECIALLY true about the iowa game. Do NOT let any more than the minimum number of iowa fans into the game. Most likely, they will be decent human beings and Big Ten Fans. But do NOT try to get a few bucks for your Gopher tickets at the risk of allowing the drunken hordes of iowa boorish dudes and dudettes into that game the way there were in the dome in 2008.
I don't know if the gophers can beat iowa this season, but, I am certain that it won't be a 55-0 bashing with the classless ferentz throwing bombs into the endzone during the last few minutes of the fourth quarter trying to up the humiliating score.
Keep iowa fans out of our stadium. Show up. Use your ticket as a Gopher Fan. The Big Ten record will tell us all we need to know about the administration, the athletic director and the football coach. Let's hope for for as many Big Ten wins as possible. I do believe the Gophers are going to win some Big Ten games in 2010. They NEED to! It is our job as fans to keep iowa fans OUT of the stadium.

It appears to me that some Minny fans still really do not like Iowa. I have thought for years that Minnesota was not a rivalry for Iowa. How many of you out there still dislike Minnesota a lot?

Still a rivalry, but hard to really consider it one when it's essentially a home game every year due to the amount of fans that we pack into those brand new seats.
I will comment that it may be considered "classless" that we beat them 55-0, but doesn't mention the other side of it being "classless" when there sorry excuse of a team can't take enough pride to actually perform on the field and keep us from scoring. What I find humorous is that they even mentioned the final score. Thanks for the reminder that your teams a joke and poster is pathetic. It's their job as fans to see to it those seats stay empty when we go north for the winter.

"The Big Ten record will tell us all we need to know about the administration, the athletic director and the football coach." I really hope they're not using that as the criteria as to what they base administration and AD on. We already know what they think of their coach, but if thats the case they're more depressed as a fan base then I thought. I think their big ten record last year should have set tone for what this year will bring.

Latest posts