Is Kaleb Johnson injured

i was wondering the same thing during the game like I’m sure most were. I tried finding something stating the reason he was out but couldn’t find anything. I assume Kirk was asked about it post game but haven’t had the time to listen to it yet.

I saw in another thread on this site that he may have had a stomach bug that is apparently going around. I have no idea if that is the case or not but given that he wasn't on the injury report and nothing was mentioned, that is a plausible explanation.

I saw in another thread on this site that he may have had a stomach bug that is apparently going around. I have no idea if that is the case or not but given that he wasn't on the injury report and nothing was mentioned, that is a plausible explanation.
No. How silly. Don't you know Kirk had Brian poison Kaleb so he couldn't play.

If he’s that sick shouldn’t have made the trip. Nobody ever knows about the methodology of the Iowa system. There is a Kirk’s doghouse, outhouse, portal station or what ever you want to call it. It never makes sense

He has been working exclusively at triple-option quarterback since the Minnesota game, but he was not quite ready to deploy in the friendly confines. He will take every snap for the remainder of the season, starting with Rutgers, and he will rush for over 500 yards in the remaining games. Fishbone from here on out, boys, buckle up!

If he’s that sick shouldn’t have made the trip. Nobody ever knows about the methodology of the Iowa system. There is a Kirk’s doghouse, outhouse, portal station or what ever you want to call it. It never makes sense
It probably makes more sense to the people that actually know the players and their behaviors.

Labas & Lainez must be hurt. Given Hill’s performance, no coach at any level would not give the backups a shot-unless they were unable to play.

At the end of the bye week, I explicitly remember Kirk commenting on his radio show that this is probably the healthiest the team has been in some time. He said pretty much everyone was back. But, a stomach bug could have come up since that Wednesday. Who knows.

i was wondering the same thing during the game like I’m sure most were. I tried finding something stating the reason he was out but couldn’t find anything. I assume Kirk was asked about it post game but haven’t had the time to listen to it yet.
You’re a pos for talking about it on a message board. Unless you’re actively trying to help Kaleb Johnson with his situation there’s no reason you should be bringing it up on a message board.

I don't think our staff beleives KJ gives us our best chance back there because of his running style. He is more of a strider and doesn't explode to the line like Williams and Patterson. I like that Iowa has kept him fresh and also, let the line develop more so when they do use him, he's more successful. I have almost 0 doubt that Williams and Patterson have beat him out (again, with this line currently made up of what it is)

I don't think our staff beleives KJ gives us our best chance back there because of his running style. He is more of a strider and doesn't explode to the line like Williams and Patterson. I like that Iowa has kept him fresh and also, let the line develop more so when they do use him, he's more successful. I have almost 0 doubt that Williams and Patterson have beat him out (again, with this line currently made up of what it is)
It looked like an intentional strategy to wait till the 4th to really unleash him. They had Williams soften them up all game then when all it took was a crease for KJ to burst through it's ball game. Williams isn't scoring on that same play KJ did. Especially not at that point in the 4th when he's been beat up and tired. Ole BF may have been playing a little chess with how he was using his RBs. Feather in BFs cap

Hard to ignore Johnson's contributions after this weekend or ignore his first season.

But, I'm starting to think Williams may quietly be the offensive MVP this season. Certainly the most consistent performer over the season. Not saying he's "better" than Johnson...mostly because he's been able to escape the injuries. 668 yards now on ~140 carries. 4.8 yards per carry is pretty respectable, considering the fact that he's been facing brick walls of extra beef on the line for an offense with severe passing woes. An uncomplaining (as far as I know) workhorse who's responsible for some very critical moments for the Hawkeye offense.

I can't find anything I don't like about this stable of Iowa runningbacks. If I were the GM and this was a pro team, I'd have zero second thoughts about re-signing any and all of them.

I used to think that Williams wasn't really a speed back. Good power runner who will always get the extra yards but probably not going to break the long one. The 75 yard run against Wisconsin proved me wrong. He has deceptive speed.

Hard to ignore Johnson's contributions after this weekend or ignore his first season.

But, I'm starting to think Williams may quietly be the offensive MVP this season. Certainly the most consistent performer over the season. Not saying he's "better" than Johnson...mostly because he's been able to escape the injuries. 668 yards now on ~140 carries. 4.8 yards per carry is pretty respectable, considering the fact that he's been facing brick walls of extra beef on the line for an offense with severe passing woes. An uncomplaining (as far as I know) workhorse who's responsible for some very critical moments for the Hawkeye offense.

I can't find anything I don't like about this stable of Iowa runningbacks. If I were the GM and this was a pro team, I'd have zero second thoughts about re-signing any and all of them.
My guess is one moves on after this season, only 1 rock and everyone wants to be a featured back. My guess is it's Kaleb Johnson based on how this season has unfolded.

It's going to be hard to keep Williams, Patterson and Johnson together for another year.
Agree... They all have 2 plus yrs don't they? Anyone have a preference? It'll be interesting how it shakes out next yr with that position cause I agree they could possibly lose 2 out of those 3 depending how the dominos go.

I think Williams stays the other two are a crapshoot to me. Patterson is a long ways from home and KJ is a talented guy who may want to be used more like a work horse. Other schools will offer a kid like him the moon NIL wise and promise X amounts of touches (even if it's BS) It'll be tough to keep KJ if he's got greener pastures on his mind.

I wouldn't want any of them to leave, but understand if they do. I'm not overly worried though as Moulton has shown well and Iowa has another good RB or 2 coming in. They seem to at least be able to recruit solid RBs. I dont have many concerns there. I appreciate what these 3 have been able to do and believe we have a good thing going with roles, staying fresh and rolling with the hot hand, but think we could still do that next year with one or two of them leaving.

Latest posts