Is it all a decoy?

guffus

Is the real reason that Kirk shut down access to the players and coaches during the bye is because...

Iowa is rolling out a new offense with a new QB against NW?

Maybe even a new Offensive Coordinator?

Is the real reason that Kirk shut down access to the players and coaches during the bye is because...

Iowa is rolling out a new offense with a new QB against NW?

Maybe even a new Offensive Coordinator?
In theory that would make sense and be absolutely crazy, but this is Iowa. Possibly could happen elsewhere but not here.

I certainly hope we see a new QB. Hil has been awful. Would Labas throw more TDs than TOs? Right now Hill has more turnovers that TDs. Labas looked sufficiently good in the bowl game to give him a shot. He should have been playing last season.

Iowa can still run the table-very weak schedule here on out. I don't think they can with Hill but with a more mobile guy they can run a lot new things to dilute the weakness in the line.

I certainly hope we see a new QB. Hil has been awful. Would Labas throw more TDs than TOs? Right now Hill has more turnovers that TDs. Labas looked sufficiently good in the bowl game to give him a shot. He should have been playing last season.

Iowa can still run the table-very weak schedule here on out. I don't think they can with Hill but with a more mobile guy they can run a new things to dilute the weakness in the line. Moving pocket, RPO, with a credible running threat at QB. Roll outs. Don't see BF putting in much time at the office for the rest of the season so none of those things will happen, but they are available with Joe.

Labas starts one game. A bowl game at that. We look like we know what we are doing. He manages the game well. We win.
We are the worst offense in division one. Why not give him a start? I think he earned it.
Speaking my language, I've been saying it all year. "He turns that ball over in practice," they say, but Hill turns it over in games with zero upside. Imagine if we never got the 2009 season because Stanzi was a turnover machine.