Is it a given

Fran is 3-8 in the tourney.

The good news is that all 3 wins were against IL and NW.

Hopefully that streaks continues. However, I suspect these two teams will be more than up for Iowa. They have to be seeing a wounded duck/hawks waiting to be carved up.
giphy.gif

If Iowa wants to accomplish something this post-season, they need a stable game. Stop fumbling the ball away and be more patient. Make the other team work a little more on defense. Tyler your not a point guard. I'm starting to think the same about Daddy's boy to. If anything, clean it up bringing the ball up the court and getting into the offense.

Maybe Iowa basketball should look at hiring former Iowa football Alex Kannelis. He is the strength and conditioning coach at Iowa City Regina. He has done great things for the football players there. Tom Brands though a year or two ago offered Alex the strength coach for the wrestling program. Alex accepted the position, but then a short time later declined it. I guess he is making more money at Regina than he would have at Iowa because a lot of Regina parents hire Alex as a personal trainer as well and he makes good money off it.
I remember him coming out of HS and he was a beast of a kid then. Too bad he got hurt. Was it his neck or concustions that derailed his career I can't remember now. But it don't surprise me to hear that's what he's up to. Good for him

I dont have the stats but my guess is with our liberal substitution strategy our starters have played less minutes than starters of other Big Ten teams?

one would think so, we been bithin' about it all year. We should have stronger, more well rested legs than just about every other team in the whole conf.!

Tournament's are often new leases on life and in this sport, anyone can beat anyone. By the looks of things, this team is burnt. But say like, in the 2000-2001 season - that team had lost 7 of 8 to finish the season and then won 4 games in 4 days. Ya just don't know and trying to predict the future for this team or any team in a sport with this type of parity is just difficult to say with any sort of conviction.

They are new leases on life for many teams but not Iowa. One thing is a given under Fran and that’s a one game BTT.

Illinois has lost five of its last six games with its lone winning coming at home against Northwestern by five points. It's lost its last two games by an average of 17 points.

Nebraska's win-loss was just as bad and they beat us.

I think illinois was a better match up for us than NW... Illinois is more willing to play fast.

Not that they can't beat us or anything.. but I prefer illinois.