Is ISU a better defensive team than Iowa and a faster, better ball handling team?

uihawk82

I have heard ISU is not a very good shooting team but plays really good defense. I have not watched more than hilites of them this year and most years as I do not get excited by their brand.

So, what is the deal, does ISU have better athletes, better defenders, better rebounders?

Some people have called their coach TJ a doofuss but remember Iowa had great 1st year Doofuss coaches in Tom Davis and Lute. Davis and Ralph Miller were already proven coaches and I saw Miller's Wichita State teams twice against Drake and they were really good.

Honestly I think this is the least talented team I've seen at ISU make a Sweet 16 run. There isn't a single NBA guy on this roster. It really is all the defense, and while I think ISU has some good athletes lead by Brockington and Hunter it really is the playing hard thing. When they are flying around the court with good rotations and hands moving all over the place it's incredibly frustrating for the other team. It's ugly as sin but I respect the hustle.

Honestly I think this is the least talented team I've seen at ISU make a Sweet 16 run. There isn't a single NBA guy on this roster. It really is all the defense, and while I think ISU has some good athletes lead by Brockington and Hunter it really is the playing hard thing. When they are flying around the court with good rotations and hands moving all over the place it's incredibly frustrating for the other team. It's ugly as sin but I respect the hustle.

Defense is a constant in basketball. If you play good defense you will be in most games, unless a team goes off like Iowa vs NW. Those are games you just throw the tape away.

But, most games a team will be in it with consistent defense. Iowa St. has that and why they were successful.

It doesn't take much to be a better defensive team than Iowa this year. At one point this season it looked like the Hawks had finally figured out the defensive side of the ball. During the B10 tournament they played pretty solid D. In the NCAA tournament it looked like they just reverted to the old Hawks who couldn't keep anyone in front of them and it cost them. It's odd because defensively teams are usually pretty consistent. You're either solid or your like the Hawks.....it just depends.

TJ reminds me of this guy minus the stash

-Peculiar combover
-Somewhat appears to wear a shirt a size to small giving off the where is the weight room Tommy Boy vibe.

1647992968197.png

1647993035225.png

Maybe if Fran fired Michael and Samir from his coaching staff he could replace them with some entry level assistant coaches who know defense.

So you're going to fire Michael and Samir and give me more money?

OK, so then what is it with Hawk teams that just refuse to play D sometimes? Saw flashes this season but then the no-hustle dud.

Latest posts