Is Iowa better off with Bullock over Coker?

I will admit I didn't watch a minute of the game, but with that said Coker in his first start ran for over 200 yards against Missouri. The offense though that day was no better than the offense Iowa put out there on Saturday. 20 offensive points to 18. So statistically it's to early to tell (Bullock could wear down)

With that said, football is much more than #'s and without seeing Bullock it's hard for me to tell. How's his agility?

His agility is very good, he made some people miss on Saturday. I like what I've seen so far, but we are 1 game in.

I am not crowning the kid...just think this offense has been in dire need of a home run hitter in the mix for a long time and I think Bullock 'may' have something like that in him. BTW, Ronnie Harmon was a WR first too..or in the slot.

Agreed, I hoped we might get that from Jewel Hampton, didn't happen though...

Coker and him would be a nice one two punch. If he keeps producing and improves in pass blocking then Ill take him over Coker

I am not crowning the kid...just think this offense has been in dire need of a home run hitter in the mix for a long time and I think Bullock 'may' have something like that in him. BTW, Ronnie Harmon was a WR first too..or in the slot.

Is Bullock who you thought he was?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_N1OjGhIFc]Dennis Green Flips - YouTube[/ame]

I never really was that impressed with Coker. He was fine with a gaping hole or occasionally running over a corner back - but I always thought he lacked vision and was not a big play threat.

In one game I thought Bullock showed more promise and looked better - but yes it's only one game.

I too liked this one named Bullock as well.
Fast and Fluid he was. Much vision he had.

I hope he continues with this good vision.

Way to early to determine who is better. Hopefully Bullock only averages around 15 carries per game otherwise there is a good chance he'll be physically beat up prior to the start of the Big schedule. Really hope Coach works in Garmon and Malloy during the non-conference schedule so that they can gain valuable experience and save wear/tear on Bullock.
(Based on past experience I'm not counting on this)

After watching the way he runs/moves, I can see why they moved Bullock to WR (or flanker, or whatever he was last year). He just doesn't look like an RB. That said, neither does Matt Forte and he seems to be making out alright.

Jeez!! What does a running back look like? He sure looks like a running back to me.

Quick? I dismissed him last year. The guy pulled a plow

i'm guessing you were one of those tavern hoks at soldier field, too drunk to know what was going on, but not to drunk to get into a fist fight b4 the game was over.

i assume you are one of those hoks that scream 'blitz' when our defense is on the field.

i assume you are one of those hoks that screamed at KOK saying that you could predict the plays from your vantage point, or quipped that his name was really 'ken keefe' because he took the 'o' out of offense'.

i assume you are one of those hoks who criticize the team and ferentz for not being emotional about a game, for not caring, for being a robot (see question #1 from 'on the side')

typical hok response to cut down our players, our staff, our program because they are 'not up to your hok standards of excellence'.

wait until bullock screws up, etc, he'll no longer be the latest flavor. he's very fortunate his two fumbles were not recovered by NIU - he'd have been relegated to the hok hall of shame, no doubt, instead of being put on the pedestal he's been put on by the OP of this thread. or maybe this was just one way of him taking one last shot at Coker Pace.

Coker wouldnt have scored at the end, he would have been cut down by the 5 yard line

+1

I couldn't agree anymore. Coker can pound it down your throat. However you saw last year against Minn. He had two long runs that he couldn't finish. They caught up to him. Which to me a back like Bullock would have completed those runs. That game might have been different outcome with Bullock being the one running on those carries.

I would like to have Coker near the end-zone or on third down. Getting you that 1-3yds needed. The would of's and could of's are not an option this year. We have speed and agility to deal with. Hopefully Bullock plays like this every game and stays healthy.

As I said, I'd prefer both...a change of pace...wish Iowa had Coker this year as well. And McCall. And Hampton...etc

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner. Coker doesn't score that touchdown...we are most likely at the 5-7 yard line. Bullock made some poor reads too, but he showed burst through the hole and that doesn't force the oline to stay on their blocks for 3 seconds like Coker. IMO...he showed more vision than Coker also. He was patient then hit the seam with speed. He shows the ability to make our offensive line much better.

Give me a break ! Coker would have pounded those very quick but 5'8" cornerbacks into the ground! Do you guys watch the game?

Latest posts