Is DJK Bust Another Reminder of Ferentz Knows Best?

I am curious about the timing of the announcement. Right in the middle of a very big win for this b-ball team...I don't think UNI is a great b-ball team, but they were well regarded as a program due to their run last year in the tourny.

That said, it seems that it was a slap in fans' faces to have this announced at that time. Just let us enjoy the b-ball win and release this news at midnight.

I really hope the guys he ran with on the team are not found to be involved either. I'm pretty sure Sash spends a lot of time with DJK, I was thinking McNutt also but I don't know how accurate that is. Either way, hopefully the fire doesn't spread further.

If he knew about stuff like this I think DJK wouldve been kicked off the team a long time ago instead of just being underutilized

Or never have been brought here in the first place. This type of drug use/drug behavior DOES NOT just begin in college. I am speaking from experience on this.

Or never have been brought here in the first place. This type of drug use/drug behavior DOES NOT just begin in college. I am speaking from experience on this.
We all know OSU didn't offer for "academic reasons". Did Tressel know something KF didn't, or did KF just ignore it. Also, if KF knew of any of this and let it slide, that's a big hit to my view of KF.

Sorry guys, I'm not so far removed from college to not remember what it was like. Anyone who says "it's part of college life'' has got some issues of their own. This was his choice. He knew what he was doing, and now he's paying the price.
I'm not naive enough to believe that KF had zero knowledge of any of this, but I am willing to bet that he didn't know the severity. As Jon asked, do you really think that KF would risk his entire career and reputation on protecting a kid like this? I have to believe that KF smelled smoke. You can't tell me all of those times in the dog house were from wearing sunglasses with a hat on backward, or simply being late to practice.

We all know OSU didn't offer for "academic reasons". Did Tressel know something KF didn't, or did KF just ignore it. Also, if KF knew of any of this and let it slide, that's a big hit to my view of KF.

Tressel's biggest fear seemed to be whether DJK would be able to stay academically eligible. That said Youngstown, OH is a terrible place for drug and gang activity. One of OSU's commits last year was shot multiple times last year in Y-town. The city is a nightmare.

Sorry guys, I'm not so far removed from college to not remember what it was like. Anyone who says "it's part of college life'' has got some issues of their own. This was his choice. He knew what he was doing, and now he's paying the price.
I'm not naive enough to believe that KF had zero knowledge of any of this, but I am willing to bet that he didn't know the severity. As Jon asked, do you really think that KF would risk his entire career and reputation on protecting a kid like this? I have to believe that KF smelled smoke. You can't tell me all of those times in the dog house were from wearing sunglasses with a hat on backward, or simply being late to practice.

I think most people are failing to distinguish the difference between suspecting and having enough evidence to prove so as to move forward on discipline/suspension vs. knowing and ignoring it.

Latest posts