Is Dallas Clark on his way to the .....

I think that a thing that you have to look at here is the style of Os at the respective NFL teams. Dallas was a huge role player earlier in his career, even when his numbers weren't as impressive. However, at the time, Manning strongly favored passing to his WRs more. However, in recent years, the Colts have needed somebody to step up to help out the passing game ... and Dallas has done just that.

To me, one of the more telling stats is not the number of receptions or the number of yards individually ... but rather the ratio of TD receptions per pass. Dallas has most definitely positioned himself as an exceptionally dangerous weapon for the Colt's O.

I think that if he continues to play as he has ... he most certainly is on a HOF pace.

Historically, it is hard to believe that Dallas gets in considering that Gates and Witten are contemporaries. Just don't see three Tight Ends from the same era getting in. Sharpe will get in when Tony Gonzales starts getting closer, because everyone will know Tony needs to be in and will acknowledge that Sharpe has to be in if Tony is there.

After that it could open the gates or clog things up for awhile. In any event, it does kind of set a threshold that will be hard for any of these three to reach.

Latest posts