Is CJ Frederick Taking Enough Shots?

Explain PC. Fred appears to have all the attributes that Brady was reputed to have and seldom showed at Iowa.

I just don't remember hype about Ellingson at all. We knew he was a good shooter and that was it. There was never high expectations with him from his low key recruiting all the way through his career. He was never hyped as a great defender. He was certainly never hyped as a guy who could create off the bounce. That's why I said something when you originally said he is everything Brady was supposed to be, because Brady was only supposed to be a shooter.

I just don't remember hype about Ellingson at all. We knew he was a good shooter and that was it. There was never high expectations with him from his low key recruiting all the way through his career. He was never hyped as a great defender. He was certainly never hyped as a guy who could create off the bounce. That's why I said something when you originally said he is everything Brady was supposed to be, because Brady was only supposed to be a shooter.
Brady was supposed to have a reputation for moving without the ball, reading screens, weak side cutting to the bucket, and standstill shooting.

Fred does all this and much more so from that angle I can see what you are getting at. Fred is a more tenacious defender then Brady ever was and is also a tremendously underrated passer who takes care of the ball well.

Brady was asked to do way more than his skill set allowed in that forgettable 2018 season, including some reps at point guard where he was thoroughly abused at both ends at the floor.

Latest posts