Is Charlie somewhat regretting his decision?

The interesting thing will be if Charlie ends up floundering anyway and really does not amount to much in the pros...and Iowa's and Purdue's seasons go in opposite directions to end the year.

Ya, still can't blame Charlie, but at the same time Karma right.
Well the fact that he'll get a shot at the pros and most likely have a cup of coffee is more then what he'd have had if he stayed at Iowa... I don't know if he can be the next Hunter Renfrow or not. Maybe. It'd take the right team offense/QB and overall situation. That feels like his ceiling. But had he stayed at Iowa he mighta gotten a tryout but he wouldn't have been on anyones radar to draft.

Well the fact that he'll get a shot at the pros and most likely have a cup of coffee is more then what he'd have had if he stayed at Iowa... I don't know if he can be the next Hunter Renfrow or not. Maybe. It'd take the right team offense/QB and overall situation. That feels like his ceiling. But had he stayed at Iowa he mighta gotten a tryout but he wouldn't have been on anyones radar to draft.
Charlie is a step up from a guy like Nick Easley (no disrespect to Easley). Nick got a sniff on a practice squad and I'd imagine we see Jones make a roster for a year and then go the practice squad route for a year maybe two. After that he's selling insurance or IRAs making a decent living.

Which is why he did exactly the right thing by moving to Purdue. He got a big ass chunk of coin to start out with in life, and if he makes a mil over 2-3 years in the NFL he'll at least have a damn nice house and a couple vehicles in a damn nice neighborhood and will be miles ahead of the rest of us were 3 years after college. More power to him.

And this is the beautiful thing about NIL. Even if guys don't make it in the league they at least have something to show for being elite at the college level.

I would imagine someone did match the offer. Purdue was still the right for for him as a receiver, and his Pop Warner teammate from way back is the QB.
I'm sure they did. That would a one year payment. At Purdue, he improves his chances to get more paychecks after this year.

On a similar note, this would never happen again if I would've won the Powerball.

On a similar note, this would never happen again if I would've won the Powerball.
I always said if I won the big lottery I'd make a $50M donation to buy the Ted Pacha club level seats and rights, kick all the rich pricks out, and make that entire indoor club and outdoor seating 100% for disadvantaged kids who can't afford to go to games.

There's no way they could turn it down because of the public backlash if they said no. It'd be a great thing for kids plus a middle finger to the bourgeoisie. Win/win.

I always said if I won the big lottery I'd make a $50M donation to buy the Ted Pacha club level seats and rights, kick all the rich pricks out, and make that entire indoor club and outdoor seating 100% for disadvantaged kids who can't afford to go to games.

There's no way they could turn it down because of the public backlash if they said no. It'd be a great thing for kids plus a middle finger to the bourgeoisie. Win/win.
This would be awesome. Almost makes me want to buy a ticket.

Latest posts