Iowa's preseason Big 10 Player of the Year!

They all seem to be very confident as well. 4 starters are back, Tania Davis will be ready to play. The 3 healthy freshmen will help with the depth.

I think the lineup will go as follows:

Starters:
Gustafson SR
Stewart SR
Meyer JR
Doyle JR
Davis SR

Next 5 in:
Czinano FR
Ollinger JR
Sanders SO
Sevillian SO
Taiwo FR

Paula Ramos (SO) and Logan Cook (FR) may also push hard for playing time. Kate Martin (FR) is expected to miss the season with a knee injury.

Last edited:
I think Clinton has it about right. If Tania isn't quite ready Sevillian will step in and she'll certainly be the 1st off the bench and push for playing time, especially if she has improved her handle. Paula could be a wild card. She has good athleticism and could earn playing time in the post behind Megan and Hannah depending on how much she has improved, especially on defense. The key to the bench is going to be getting solid minutes from Amanda and Monika. Our backcourt depth is solid. Zion played well at the end of the year and Tomi is a terrific shooter who brings great athleticism and can defend out on the court. Kate Martin is recovering from ACL surgery, but reports are that she's already practicing some and she is a terrific defender and if she's able to contribute late in the season she may forego a redshirt year.

I think the key will be Amanda. Heck of a rebounder! Need some offensive output from her this year and I think we'll see it. Amanda was a very good perimeter shooter in high school but it disappeared when she starting playing for the Hawks. I think things are slowing down for her and should she a heck of improvement from her this year. We all know the Hawks need some help on the perimeter. Thank goodness Tania will be back to help in that category also.

@hagarwood I think basketball has suffered with volleyball taking a lot of the big girls. Those are the ladies with the hops and agility. Just seems more and more are going with volleyball. What do you think?

I think the key will be Amanda. Heck of a rebounder! Need some offensive output from her this year and I think we'll see it. Amanda was a very good perimeter shooter in high school but it disappeared when she starting playing for the Hawks. I think things are slowing down for her and should she a heck of improvement from her this year. We all know the Hawks need some help on the perimeter. Thank goodness Tania will be back to help in that category also.

I saw them this summer in that open scrimmage, and Ollinger looked so much more athletic and confident. I look for her to make a similar jump to what Stewart made from year 2 to year 3.

Speaking of Stewart, I think she will be an absolute beast this year. She abused people at that open scrimmage.

I saw them this summer in that open scrimmage, and Ollinger looked so much more athletic and confident. I look for her to make a similar jump to what Stewart made from year 2 to year 3.

Speaking of Stewart, I think she will be an absolute beast this year. She abused people at that open scrimmage.
Thanks for the insight! I was hoping Amanda would come around and I've always called Hannah the enforcer! Can't wait for the season to start!

They all seem to be very confident as well. 4 starters are back, Tania Davis will be ready to play. The 3 healthy freshmen will help with the depth.

I think the lineup will go as follows:

Starters:
Gustafson SR
Stewart SR
Meyer JR
Doyle JR
Davis SR

Next 5 in:
Czinano FR
Ollinger JR
Sanders SO
Sevillian SO
Taiwo FR

Paula Ramos (SO) and Logan Cook (FR) may also push hard for playing time. Kate Martin (FR) is expected to miss the season with a knee injury.
Wrong. Kriener and Baer definitely crack the top 10.