Iowa's Next Recruit

This is my first post but I will make a good one. I have heard rumors of a former walk on who has been at Kirkwood CC. Marble's cousin from Detroit still is in Iowa City and played PG in high school is working at getting into Iowa to play by next fall.

He is always working out at the Rec but he is not at the walk on level IMO. I don't see the benefit of having two possible D-3 level players at the end of the bench who play the same position.

If he does somehow make the team, IA is in huge trouble if he ever sees the court. I find it extremely hard to believe he had an offer from Buffalo.

Wow, you are even more harsh than I was in a post on another thread regarding this same thing. I admit it is getting a little old with out some more info. For example this poster could just say he is close to someone in the know and that there is a player that has made a verbal commitment and they are working through some finishing paperwork (example officially cancelling out an original LOI with another school). That way phreek you are not stealing that recruits thunder when it is officially announced. Coming on and repeatedly saying you have some inside knowledge with out giving out anything else does have a tendency to get on people's nerves. Mikey don't you think Liar and Scumbag are a bit strong?

Phreek is completely full of it. his track record is horrible. dude has never been right about anything on this board and craves attention. he is a glory poster who probably likes the glory hole.

People in the basketball office are getting pretty flustered with the misinformation that Phreek has been spreading. They feel it could hurt with real potential recruits that they are still in contact with. Phreek's trolling is not only unfunny, it is also hurting the Hawks.

I have a pretty good guess of who the silent PG commit is but I will leave it alone for now. We've talked about him on the board fyi.

I have a pretty good guess of who the silent PG commit is but I will leave it alone for now. We've talked about him on the board fyi.

There could be two reasons for a silent commitment during a signing period, well three I guess.

1. He is asking out of his LOI and Iowa can't officially get involved until he is free.

2. He is waiting for his qualifying scores, and Iowa doesn't want him to make an announcement until they are certain he will get the needed scores.

3. He is a weirdo.

So, the two prospects that match this scenario, if Iowa does have a silent commit, would be Phillip Miller or Semaj Christon, both for academic reasons.

That being said, I don't think Iowa has a silent commit. I believe Fran told Glover to look elsewhere because he felt good about Hubbard, and he never viewed Glover as a true PG.

Wow, you are even more harsh than I was in a post on another thread regarding this same thing. I admit it is getting a little old with out some more info. For example this poster could just say he is close to someone in the know and that there is a player that has made a verbal commitment and they are working through some finishing paperwork (example officially cancelling out an original LOI with another school). That way phreek you are not stealing that recruits thunder when it is officially announced. Coming on and repeatedly saying you have some inside knowledge with out giving out anything else does have a tendency to get on people's nerves. Mikey don't you think Liar and Scumbag are a bit strong?

This is all hilarious. That is all.

These Cats know the answer.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DEKM7-L-9A]YouTube - Stray Cats - Mystery Train - Live![/ame]

Hubbard was the guy....(if he stays clean is an amazing get). considering Fran actually said he doesn't have to sign a pg this class would make u think a big is gonna be the next one. or......did he say that to give confidence to a silent verbal? Jesus...my head hurts...

Ok, I will bite. I realize secret sources cannot be revealed, but why all this attention around a silent commit? The only reason a commit would be silent at this juncture is if grades are an issue. (feel free to correct me) So a silent commit not yet eligible doesn't seem too solid IMO.

With respect to Marble's cousin, I heard he went back to Michigan.

Hubbard was the guy....(if he stays clean is an amazing get). considering Fran actually said he doesn't have to sign a pg this class would make u think a big is gonna be the next one. or......did he say that to give confidence to a silent verbal? Jesus...my head hurts...
He also said a big isnt a must. He is looking for the best, most versatile players available regardless of position.

Lol, that's no sheit!

Latest posts