Iowa's Next Recruit

Wouldn't he have to sit out a year? Iowa needs people who can play next year.

Gibson isn't a transfer. He's a 2011 recruit and wouldn't need to sit out. He had signed an LOI with Dayton, but was let out of it after the head coach left.

FYI-I haven't heard alot of alk about ISU and Gibson. There is a connection but I don't know that there's much more than that. ISU has one scholarship available and they have 2 guys at the forefront for that and it's not Gibson. I could be wrong, of course.

Regarding our next recruit...I think maybe someone we are not familiar with. I would love Gibson but I think he probably goes to MSU if they offer. Regarding 2012, Fran wants Mike Gesell in the worst way. He is a fine point guard and would be a great addition to our team. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Gesell and Woodbury commit late this summer.

I really would love for Iowa to get a big this year, but that might cut into the possibility of getting Woodbury next year. I think there are a few more quality recruits next year that we have a shot to get. It would be great to get Gibson, and I could see him fitting in well in our system. But I believe it would be short of a miracle.

Oklahoma picked up a commitment from a 6'10" JC player yesterday, Olesani may be running out of options...I would also love to get commitment from Gibson...the guy is a player!

I was looking through some of MSU message boards and some people think that they want to use the remaining scholly for someone else or just bank it, because they dont believe Gibson can contribute for a few years or so.

This is my first post but I will make a good one. I have heard rumors of a former walk on who has been at Kirkwood CC. Marble's cousin from Detroit still is in Iowa City and played PG in high school is working at getting into Iowa to play by next fall.

I hope Iowa stays away from this kid, he had the opportunity to be on the roster last season and it didn't work out. His best offer coming out of HS was the University of Buffalo.

I was looking through some of MSU message boards and some people think that they want to use the remaining scholly for someone else or just bank it, because they dont believe Gibson can contribute for a few years or so.

The MSU fans I know also think Derrick Nix is a difference maker... Gibson was a Top 150 player this time last year. Even if he doesn't start he would be a significant contributor. Gibson can play the 4 or 5 position and in high school he has held his own against the top big man in the state Amir Williams. If MSU fans don't want him, all the better for Iowa, especially if MSU doesn't offer.

This is my first post but I will make a good one. I have heard rumors of a former walk on who has been at Kirkwood CC. Marble's cousin from Detroit still is in Iowa City and played PG in high school is working at getting into Iowa to play by next fall.

He didn't play for Kirkwood, yet he was there? Why is that?

His stats from high school are not good, but it does look like his team was dead last. That wouldn't help anybody in the Detroit league.

I really would love for Iowa to get a big this year, but that might cut into the possibility of getting Woodbury next year. I think there are a few more quality recruits next year that we have a shot to get. It would be great to get Gibson, and I could see him fitting in well in our system. But I believe it would be short of a miracle.

Why on earth would signing a post player this spring hurt the chances of signing Woodbury? Do you think he's going to say no because we have other post players? We have two post players graduating by the time he gets here and we have zero true centers, signing a big this year won't change any of that.

That is the second or third post I believe I've seen from HawkPhreek alluding to a second guard commit. He knows something, thinks he knows but is mistaken, or is messing around. I'm dying with anticipation.
The notion that we have a silent commit doesn't make any sense whatsoever during the middle of a signing period.

Why on earth would signing a post player this spring hurt the chances of signing Woodbury? Do you think he's going to say no because we have other post players? We have two post players graduating by the time he gets here and we have zero true centers, signing a big this year won't change any of that.

I don't think it will hurt to sign one, but if Iowa were to land two bigs, then it gets kinda crowded. That is only if Iowa can swing two out of Katenda/Olaseni/Gibson, only one is likely though, with a chance of none.
My problem with Woodbury is this, hasn't he seen enough out of Iowa, if he is truly a kid that is a "lifelong" Hawkeye fan to say yes?
You can count on this, Fran won't hold a scholarship in hopes that he will say yes. One comment Fran made in an interview sticks with me, he said in effect, if the offer is out there and the kid doesn't accept, there is a chance someone else will and he has no control over what other kids do.
In the end, I would like to see Woodbury become a Hawk, but I hope he doesn't wait too long. Having two true centers that offer different skill sets is nothing but a good thing.

Yah, why can't these kids see that if they commit sooner then Fran and Staff can focus recruiting in other area that are in need instead of having to spend time recruiting BIGs. Get with it Woodbury, if your a Hawkeye quit hurting the team then.

Iowa has 2 commits the other is a guard. The third scholly which fran said maybe, maybe not could be filled buy Gibson or one of the Kansas kids.
Look, unless you're willing to actually post that you know something, this attention whoring is getting a little old.

Until that time, I'm going to assume that you're a liar and a scumbag and probably not even a real Hawk fan.

Latest posts