Iowa's next opponent Gardner-Webb beat DePaul 71-59 tonight in Chicago

If winning by 31,12 and 30 is considered struggling I'm concerned about your grasp of the game.

Lots of experimenting and lineup tweeks going on right now. I feel like last night's game could have been much more lopsideded, but they really seemed to be trying to get JO going while they knew it wouldn't hurt. Maybe not, they could just suck more than we think they should, but I really don't think that's the case. They'll go inside when they need to - they've got the size to be able to do it.

If winning by 31,12 and 30 is considered struggling I'm concerned about your grasp of the game.

Poor offense against some of the worst teams in the country (I'm sorry winning by 12 against Central Michigan is struggling).

Iowa's non conference basketball schedule is basketball's version of the football go-fers schedule.

Poor offense against some of the worst teams in the country (I'm sorry winning by 12 against Central Michigan is struggling).

ya'll know were starting 2 freshman, a junior and 2 sophmores too right? Shesh people take a chill pill and see these opening games for what they are.

Some of you are putting way to much emphasis on these games. This is a young team and the coaches are trying to figure the right combinations that work. I could care less how many points the Hawks win these games by as long as it ends up in a win and it helps the team prepare for the Big Ten.

nice to see the negativity spilling in to the Bball forum...and we haven't even lost a game yet.

starting 2 frosh, s soph, and a Jr. Playing multiple other Frosh and Jr's........

Did anyone really think we were going to just Blast into 25 win season......

Talent is getting better and is crazy young....also keep in mind that if we shoot even 55% and 35% from 3-point range we would be CRUSHING these team. We are going to have to shoot better and be better from the FT line going forward.

My patience will be very thin if the bball board regresses like the fb board did....be very afraid if that happens....very afraid indeed.

I started a thread asking that people temper their "EXPECTATION" for this team.. getting excited is good but they are a young team with 3 freshman playing major minutes in Gesell, Woodbury and Clemmons. with these type of expectations it won't be long before the fire Fran threads start

Keep this in mind - Depaul has won FIVE Big East games in the last FOUR years.

Yeah, read that again.

0-18
1-17
1-17
3-15
in conf

There is a reason everyone is predicting them to finish in the cellar of the BE.
Also, this was G-W's first win over a BE school.

nice to see the negativity spilling in to the Bball forum...and we haven't even lost a game yet.

starting 2 frosh, s soph, and a Jr. Playing multiple other Frosh and Jr's........

Talent is getting better and is crazy young....also keep in mind that if we shoot even 55% and 35% from 3-point range we would be CRUSHING these team. We are going to have to shoot better and be better from the FT line going forward.

My patience will be very thin if the bball board regresses like the fb board did....be very afraid if that happens....very afraid indeed.

This day and age, sophs and jrs are no big deal. 1 Frosh isn't a big deal. 2 frosh is more of a deal, but one won't be starting for long.

Yes.

If winning by an average of 24 points a game is struggling, I hope we struggle the rest of the season.

I'm glad G-W won last night. Should get the team's attention.

I don't see any challenging games on Iowa's schedule. Sure, some might be tougher than expected and close but other than VaTech most of the tough games are at home or neutral.

I give Iowa about a 85-90% chance of going undefeated in the non-conference season.

Latest posts