Iowa's complete failure of an offense this year

gifki_06.gif

Can't... stop... watching.

I almost feel bad for her after about the 5th view. That is probably a nasty ACL tear. But her choice was as dumb as some 50-yr-old slob like me trying to run with a hoops pickup game at the Iowa rec center. I apologize for showing any compassion to spoil the laffy :)

The most frustrating, of many frustrating issues, was the complete failure (unwillingness) to attempt something different when the same old plays were not working. This is what causes me the greatest amount of concern and angst as a fan for next year and beyond, for that matter - that nothing will really change, there will be just a dogged adherence to the notion that the team just needs to execute the plays better, and all will be well.

The quote from the Nebraska player who intercepted the ball to end the game - that he had seen that same play before. How many times over the years have we heard some form of this comment from opposing players and coaches? It used to be viewed as a compliment, now it's just a hard smack upside the head coupled with derisive laughter.

The most frustrating, of many frustrating issues, was the complete failure (unwillingness) to attempt something different when the same old plays were not working. This is what causes me the greatest amount of concern and angst as a fan for next year and beyond, for that matter - that nothing will really change, there will be just a dogged adherence to the notion that the team just needs to execute the plays better, and all will be well.

The quote from the Nebraska player who intercepted the ball to end the game - that he had seen that same play before. How many times over the years have we heard some form of this comment from opposing players and coaches? It used to be viewed as a compliment, now it's just a hard smack upside the head coupled with derisive laughter.

No difference than when Davis was at Texas and Oklahoma players were able to call out plays every year...I remember players like Roy Williams saying that when he got drafted by Dallas. He said the looks on the Texas players faces were funny as OU was calling out what they were doing and Texas didn't allow QB's to audible at that time. What is amazing is how Texas competed...based solely on talent. There have been numerous UT players say how it is surprising at what they learn when they get to the NFL and a lot of it being basics.

Wow in a WILD surprise Auburn fires Chizek 2 years after a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!! Hear that olddude and the other idiots on here that expect us to continue paying top salary and top dollar for abject mediocrity. Hell Auburn finished 1 game worse than we did and we aren't 2 years removed from a National championship by any stretch hell we aren't 2 years removed from a Leader's Division championship and we continue to be pleased with KF. When did we look forward to failure?

Dis dumb.

It's not a complete failure.

Our Total Offense ranks above Florida Atlantic, Auburn, Colorado, Wake Forest, New Mexico State, Illinois, Temple, UConn, Maryland, UMass, and Hawaii.

Latest posts