Iowa's class ranked 11th out of 12 in the B1G according to Rivals.

You know those videos they put out for gay kids who suffer bullying? The "It Gets Better" series?

They might need to fire up some of those for Iowa football fans. Except in the case of the Iowa Football fan, "It Gets Better" would be a lie.

Come on Scorp, you are better than that. You know you're the man and I love your posts but you know that people who complain about other people's salary are just jelly as hell.

Ferentz makes his salary because he won when he needed too early on in his career at Iowa. The program still brings in a ton of money, even after a horribly disappointing '10 season, a mediocre '11 and then '12 well that is just plain bad. That is why he continues to be here and make his ridiculous salary, because of how much money the program continues to bring in, not the results on the field. Yes, I agree they are related but until their is a drop off or extremely upset donors and I mean the ones that donate real money, not a few hundred bucks for a decent seat. Sadly, KF is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

Actually the reason he is here to stay for the forseeable future is due to than monster termination payout included his contract in what can only be described as gross professional negligence and breach of fiduciary duty on the part of Gary Barta.

Actually the reason he is here to stay for the forseeable future is due to than monster termination payout included his contract in what can only be described as gross professional negligence and breach of fiduciary duty on the part of Gary Barta.

The reason he EARNED that contract was by winning in '02-'04, then the second half of the '08 - '09 and all the while bringing in money to the program. Whether or not he is worth that money now is another thing.

You know those videos they put out for gay kids who suffer bullying? The "It Gets Better" series?

They might need to fire up some of those for Iowa football fans. Except in the case of the Iowa Football fan, "It Gets Better" would be a lie.

This is the best way anyone can possibly describe how I feel about Iowa football right now.

34510244.jpg

Is there any oversite over Barta? Does someone or a board have this oversite?

I have no idea how it works at Iowa in those upper levels (President and regents). I would imagine that the folks at those levels are mainly concerned with image and finances. I don't know if they concern themselves with winning per se. I'm not sure how much FB drives non athletic donations at Iowa. I don't think that the endowmwnt is huge but I imagine it's still important.

Her name is Sally Mason, and someone needs to throw her as*s out the door at the same time as Kurt and Gary.

Another registered genius comes up with the same old tired solution: "Gee. I am unhappy with the football program so lets just fire a bunch of people." You would not have the slightest idea what kind of Coach KF is, what kind of AD Gary Barta is, and certainly are completely ignorant about the job description for Sally M.'s position. Find something else to do.

It's hard to give the proper attention to recruiting when you're off from Thanksgiving to early February. Capt loves his new deal.... work a bit during the meat of the season and get the holidays off for $3.9 mil.

You are indeed too stupid for words. You really think he does not do anything from Thanksgiving to February? Really. Really.

o hai "doclee"

how's sheboygan falls, you bitter old loser?

Latest posts