~ Iowa's 2020 NCAA Resume Quadrant Breakdown ~

Certainly didn't help. Likely a 3 or 4 seed right now if they didn't drop those two games. Currently a 8/9 seed
Yeah yeah yeah, I get it, but there’s 15 games left, it could go either way. We don’t know what other teams are gonna sink and rise and what other teams are going to lose injury wise. It’s why I caution just looking at the schedule and W and L’ing games based on what you feel in the moment. It doesn’t work that way. There’s just too many variables. The season ain’t over til it’s over.

Yeah yeah yeah, I get it, but there’s 15 games left, it could go either way. We don’t know what other teams are gonna sink and rise and what other teams are going to lose injury wise. It’s why I caution just looking at the schedule and W and L’ing games based on what you feel in the moment. It doesn’t work that way. There’s just too many variables. The season ain’t over til it’s over.

The dance is certainly still in play. No question about that. If Iowa ever has dreams of a sweet 16 though they're gonna need to start doing better than a 7-9 seed.

The dance is certainly still in play. No question about that. If Iowa ever has dreams of a sweet 16 though they're gonna need to start doing better than a 7-9 seed.
Right, at this point, with the injuries, just getting in is enough for me.

I don't have access to my spreadsheet at the moment but Kenpom has Iowa at 81 in adjusted defensive efficiency. We'll see if it lasts but if the season ended now, that would be the first time since the 2015-2016 team (Gesell, Woody, Sapp, & Uthoff senior seasons) that they would end in the top 100. That team finished 30th in adjusted defense.

I don't have access to my spreadsheet at the moment but Kenpom has Iowa at 81 in adjusted defensive efficiency. We'll see if it lasts but if the season ended now, that would be the first time since the 2015-2016 team (Gesell, Woody, Sapp, & Uthoff senior seasons) that they would end in the top 100. That team finished 30th in adjusted defense.

We are probably playing closer to a top 50 defense too right now. The numbers from earlier in the year will always keep the current numbers down.

We are probably playing closer to a top 50 defense too right now. The numbers from earlier in the year will always keep the current numbers down.

Definitely. If I remember right, Iowa was just over 100 before last night's game. So they jumped about 20 spots or so after the MD beat down.

It’s going to be pretty hard to have a bad loss the rest of the way...have to beat Nebraska. There’s no shame in losing Quad 1 or 2 games IMO.

After the Rutgers game Iowa jumped to #22 in the NET, #14 in kenpom, #15 in Sagarin

Torvik has Iowa at #14 with a 99.4% chance to make the NCAA tournament, currently as a 4.9 seed

After the Rutgers game Iowa jumped to #22 in the NET, #14 in kenpom, #15 in Sagarin

Torvik has Iowa at #14 with a 99.4% chance to make the NCAA tournament, currently as a 4.9 seed
So do you think 5 more wins and we are comfortably in? 4 probably in?

Yes. And yes. For Iowa.

For Big10
10-10 in Big10 will make the Dance
(minus NW and NU)

9-11 will for most teams

8-12 might for a couple of teams and strength of BT of course.
(Because of their OOC wins)

Reactions: DJL

The big ten is likely going to get 9+ teams into the dance. It is going to be ridiculous and I think multiple sub .500 big ten teams are going to get in