Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 38 65.5%
  • Minnesota

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nebraska

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
Random question, does the University of Iowa have a higher percentage of Illinois residents than the University of Illinois? My guess is no, but it is close. So you would think Illinois would be a bigger rival.

Most people that grow up in the Chicago area (where I assume most of the IL residents that come to iowa are from) don't even give UofILL a passing through. I have many friends from around and in Chicago, and never once in the 20 years i've known them have they ever mentioned the Illini. They love their Bears, and Cubs or Sox, but couldn't care less about the Illni.

Agree - aside from a scattering of Northwestern fans that only come out of the wood work every now and then, Chicago is strictly a pro-town.

I went with BC. After Tom Davis was forced out, and then created a damn good team at BC that went to the darkside and taught a young athlete from New Jersey that there was big money to be made dropping footballs in Pasadena, the rivalry was born. Its coming out party was when a (Brian) Ferentz-coached BC team beat Iowa for the national title, and then there was that whole time-traveling "thing that they shared." A bronze pig can't match that!

I pondered this for about 1 or 2 seconds and then clicked Nebraska. I wanted to click it repeatedly as if to stab it.
When you grow up in SW Iowa you develop at an early age a searing hatred for Nebby.
It seemed like I was always in a tug of war between Des Moines and Omaha. "Why the hell were there so many Husker fans in my little town???!!!"
"Why do so many people get the Weird Herald instead of the Register (Locust Street-Liar)??" Don't they know what friction' state they live in? Good grief!!
Then when you grow up, get a job and have a very good friend that grew up in Omaha and constantly reminds you of Nebby's glory days, of their impressive run of success they had in the 1990's...a guy who even had the balls to send a NCAA Championship t-shirt as a joke...well then my friends it's pretty much carved in stone that THE-ONE-TEAM that you ALWAYS want lose, is Nebraska.
Forever.

Kinda shocked when I saw the results of the poll. I have a begrudging respect for Wiscy because they've built their program up in recent year, like Iowa while delusional, snobby Nebraska fans still think they're elite and better than us. I get more satisfaction out of beating them than other teams.

For football:
#1 Wisconsin
#2 Northwestern - They've been tough on Iowa for 25 years now.
#3 Nebraska
#4 Minnesota - Lots of history, but that only goes so far.
#5 Illinois

Entire Big Ten:
#1 Wisconsin
#2 Michigan
#3 Northwestern
#4 Nebraska
#5 Minnesota
#6 Michigan State
#7 Penn State
#8 Purdue
#9 Ohio State
#10 Illinois
#11 Indiana
#12 Maryland
#13 Rugrats

When Illinois get a pulse, I'll move them up past a few eastern division teams.

I voted for Wisconsin just because of where they are at right now. Since the latest realignment, they've won it 2 out of 3 years, with Iowa winning it the other year.

Random question, does the University of Iowa have a higher percentage of Illinois residents than the University of Illinois? My guess is no, but it is close. So you would think Illinois would be a bigger rival.

If you are talking students that go to each, pretty sure Iowa has more Ill students than Illannoy having Iowa. There are a lot of IL students at Iowa.

I pondered this for about 1 or 2 seconds and then clicked Nebraska. I wanted to click it repeatedly as if to stab it.
When you grow up in SW Iowa you develop at an early age a searing hatred for Nebby.
It seemed like I was always in a tug of war between Des Moines and Omaha. "Why the hell were there so many Husker fans in my little town???!!!"
"Why do so many people get the Weird Herald instead of the Register (Locust Street-Liar)??" Don't they know what friction' state they live in? Good grief!!
Then when you grow up, get a job and have a very good friend that grew up in Omaha and constantly reminds you of Nebby's glory days, of their impressive run of success they had in the 1990's...a guy who even had the balls to send a NCAA Championship t-shirt as a joke...well then my friends it's pretty much carved in stone that THE-ONE-TEAM that you ALWAYS want lose, is Nebraska.
Forever.

So you're the one who lives in SW Iowa!!

One part of the state that I really never have gone to. Pretty much been to Council Bluffs/Omaha but nothing S of there to Des Moines. No large cities so I guess no business or personal reason to get down there.

That would be annoying living on the SW, W or NW side of Iowa and hearing that ALL THE TIME. I may change my vote if I lived in that area.

Latest posts