• Wisconsin

Votes: 38 65.5%
  • Minnesota

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nebraska

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

guffus

Of the 4 state universities in the Big Ten that share a border with the state of Iowa, which school is Iowa's #1 border rival?

It's Bucky now as they are a half step ahead in terms of recent success.
Minney and IL have stunk for years now, and we consistently beat both of them.
Nebby never has been a rival, dead last place.

In terms of all time rivals, I'd say MN and the battle for Floyd.

Wisky and Iowa are the most similar, especially in football. Similar successes, although Wisky in recent years, especially in basketball. I enjoy when Iowa plays Wisky teams and can feel the rivalry there. The football record is virtually tied. Minny and Illannoy are just not at the same level and just feels different.

Nebby has to be built and the basketball isn't there.

When Iowa plays Wisky, a division title is usually at stake for either team. Games mean something. Wisky by far at this point. Nebby kind of feels manufactured.

It's Bucky now as they are a half step ahead in terms of recent success.
Minney and IL have stunk for years now, and we consistently beat both of them.
Nebby never has been a rival, dead last place.

In terms of all time rivals, I'd say MN and the battle for Floyd.

Nah. Besides a trophy, not much usually rides on the game. It's a nice game but I've never really bought in to the pig or other trophy games.

I know Boston College is not in a border state, and they aren't in the B1G, and we don't play against them very often. But I can't stand those BC guys. They think they're so much better than us....

I went with with Wisconsin, they were built like Iowa, play like Iowa and recruit the same athletes....lately they've just done a better job of it.

I voted Minny. Because I hate them and Love Floyd. And its almost as bad losing to them as losing to ISU. I can accept losing to wiscy because they are usually better then us.

I know Boston College is not in a border state, and they aren't in the B1G, and we don't play against them very often. But I can't stand those BC guys. They think they're so much better than us....

OMG, come to think of it, when is the last time Iowa played a Boston College team. Yea, they think they are elite and luv people who put themselves on a pedestal.

I like them all for different reasons and I went with Nebraska but it's close. I think I get the most satisfaction in beating the Huskers and seeing them struggle in the B1G.

I like the Wisconsin rivalry because they are a successful program but I think I have more respect for them in both basketball and football than I do a true hatred.

Minnesota- Their lack of success in both basketball and football make it hard to be a great rivalry at least recently. However, the "we hate Iowa" chants make me probably hate this team more than any other.

Most Neby fans would also site Wisconsin. I'll bet Minny fas say Wisky more than Iowa . Illinois is in a state of apathy.

They don't bother me at all. They've all been dead for 2000 years or so.

I'm disgusted with how long it took me to figure out that joke. I'll give you a Like, but I'm not happy about it.

Kp6RN00.png

Random question, does the University of Iowa have a higher percentage of Illinois residents than the University of Illinois? My guess is no, but it is close. So you would think Illinois would be a bigger rival.

Latest posts