Iowa Women vs. PSU

BTN announcer says "the travelling call has become an epidemic" after Machado called for steps. Iowa definitely has gotten a little sloppy towards the end---much more like the first half than the second. Hopefully that doesn't carry over to tomorrow.

Machado with a traditional 3-point-play.

Iowa up by ten, 76-66 with a minute and a half left.

Iowa's 11 threes ties a Big Ten tournament record, according to BTN guy. Pretty good considering the poor shooting early on.

Sounds like a typical game for the women: a lot of action, fast pace, great shooting in spurts, stretches where they get sloppy and have a lot of TOs letting the other team back in it. Very similar to Tom Davis in the Men's game.

PSU banks in a three to make it a six point game, then fouls Wahlin.

78-72 Iowa with Camille at the line, 28 seconds left.

PSU hits a circus three with 7 seconds left, so the game will end 82-75 Hawks.

On to MSU tomorrow!! Go Hawks.

Krei and Printy led the way with 22 points apiece. Kachine had 17 (pretty amazing for playing so few minutes) and Wahlin had 11.

Printy only shot 33%, but her line was impressive:

22 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists.

I still think Krei was the player of the game, though.

Sounds like a typical game for the women: a lot of action, fast pace, great shooting in spurts, stretches where they get sloppy and have a lot of TOs letting the other team back in it. Very similar to Tom Davis in the Men's game.

I will add and young.. Something we keep making excuses about on the mens side. The bottomline is if you have good chemistry and they believe in what they are doing they can be successful..

Congrats Iowa Women!!!! Great Job!!!!

You're the one who usually does the updates, right iahawk20? I'm not even going to try to match the quality of your threads. :)

Yeah, i am.

You are doing a great job, thanks for doing it...i checked in a few times since I am stuck at work!

Krei and Printy led the way with 22 points apiece. Kachine had 17 (pretty amazing for playing so few minutes) and Wahlin had 11.

Printy only shot 33%, but her line was impressive:

22 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists.

I still think Krei was the player of the game, though.

Thanks again, appreciate the updates...sounds like KK played lights out!

I will add and young.. Something we keep making excuses about on the mens side. The bottomline is if you have good chemistry and they believe in what they are doing they can be successful..

Congrats Iowa Women!!!! Great Job!!!!
And I'll add "talented."

I watched the 2nd half and really like this team. I have realistic expectations this year but next.....look out!

Listened to it an the radio. Sounded like a different team with Kach in the 2nd half. Way to hang tough in the 1st half without her. That made the difference in the ballgame. Well, a bunch of treys didn't hurt either.

Latest posts