Iowa @ Wisconsin Game Thread

Illinois loss at home, minus one of their better players, is the only one that bugs me. Even the train wreck in Ames doesn’t bother me. Flush this and focus on beating Indiana at home
Agreed. Iowa must protect the home court....hopefully we can get the students back at some point and almost give us a homecourt advantage.

Got to get wins @ Penn St, Maryland, and Nebraska.

hey another JBo 3.

Illinois loss at home, minus one of their better players, is the only one that bugs me. Even the train wreck in Ames doesn’t bother me. Flush this and focus on beating Indiana at home
We will no answer for Trace Jackson Davis. He will eat Rebraca alive.

Didn't really seem like they were emotionally involved in winning this game?
No question Jordan was not looking for his shot until the last 5 Min where he hit some tough 3's. I don't get it if you are not going to use him to his potential why bother having him stay around. IMO if he was playing aggressive the first half this would have been somewhat a different game?

I like the idea of this.

Wouldn’t put a lot of money on it though.

What happened to the Iowa tradition of good rebound margin? Where is Ogundele? You can't teach size but you don't have to and the rest is not rocket science as he is a center not a point guard.

How about addition by subtraction? If Fran wasn't here and neither were his sons, who would be in their spots? This team with another coach and with the portal putting two real big ten worthy players in there this team would be quite good. That would get the job done to fix a bunch. A real wing type player that can bang a bit and really rebound instead of PMac and a truly serviceable guard instead of CMac. What this team could be? Better than a Wisconsin and upper division and over .500 in conference. Battling for 3rd place esp. if that coach stressed defense more. The press I like but then you still have bad half court team "D" ughh.

We have some good players who should, and will, get a lot of minutes. Keegan, obviously. Perkins, Ulis, Joe T., Kris M., Patrick. Jabo and Connor will be role players. They will get their minutes when Fran thinks he needs their skill sets. I feel bad for Filip. He is asked to play a position that doesn’t really suit him. I like his effort. Sandfort, Mulvey, and Josh will improve as the year goes along.
Have we really looked at what year this is for each of these players? 2 freshmen, 6 Sophs, 1 JR., all of whom need more time on the floor. 3 Seniors, all playing limited minutes. Connor was moved to coming off the bench with the second team, in order to provide experience and stability. BTW, he is Fran’s son and doesn’t start.
If Josh, Sandfort, and Mulvey were all another year down the experience road, this team could very interesting. Yes, I know Keegan will likely go pro. He needs to work on his 3 pointers to live in the NBA.

Wisconsin is a Good basketball team and is in contention for the Big Championship

Rebounding is The serious issue, especially giving up offensive rebounds, the Badgers had 15

Perhaps we should put Riley and Ogy in earlier to block out grab those missed shots

Ogy has the attitude and size to help

Riley has the size and defensive skills to hamper shots and rebound, and he can score

Perhaps Jordan should start playing as he did at the end of the game
If we set screens, letting him launch on the run, we will put more points on the board
and open the middle up for Keegan, Patrick, and Kris

We have beat the badgers 5 times in a row with Luka

Don't have to play them again unless we draw them in the BTT

Didn't really seem like they were emotionally involved in winning this game?
No question Jordan was not looking for his shot until the last 5 Min where he hit some tough 3's. I don't get it if you are not going to use him to his potential why bother having him stay around. IMO if he was playing aggressive the first half this would have been somewhat a different game?

Every team we play is determined to keep the ball away from Jordan

Even more so than denying Keegan the ball, at least at the start of the game and most
of the first half

Every scouting report says: Stop Jordan from getting open and we win the game

I am fairly certain that they are saying the same thing about Keegan

Last edited:
This would be a successful season, but perhaps a bit too optimistic

We lost 53 points a game with Garza, Weiscamp, Nunge and Frederick gone

Rather a drastic rebuilding year
Hardly anybody considers that... Usually it's the blue blood programs that have to reboot to that extent yr after yr but they are used to it. I mean imagine if Murray hadn't turned into what he has and was a 8 pt a game 3 rebound a game guy instead. Big time yikes....

Not stating anything new here, but truly, I don't get the margin we get out-rebounded night after night.

I played ball, a lot of it. I wasn't a prolific scorer, however, I rebounded well. I wasn't the tallest player on the court but I worked on technique and I went after every ball. It was a work ethic thing.

Seems we're lacking the blue-collar, block-out and grunt it out mentality to rebound.