IOWA WINS-Pitt loses game thread.

I think winning by three touch downs is fun too. Offensive line has some work to do. CJ took some tough hits. That needs to be shored up. Defensive coordinator can stick that prevent defense somewhere where the sun don't shine.

Did you see Kirks reaction to the field goal? He knows this game should never have come down to that field goal. Glad we won but some concerns in this game. I will never understand not pressuring their QB late in the game. I believe their QB is just a freshman. So if we would have blitzed and a big play happens at least you try. Seven guys back on defense and you allow a first down on fourth and fifteen???

Dont get me wrong I was jumping up and down when he hit that field goal but is was a typical KF win. Get conservative with play calling until you HAVE TO move the ball. How ****** would everyone have been if we lost this game in overtime? Just because we won doesn't excuse conservative play calling from both coordinators on the last possession before the final drive and Pitts last offensive possession.

i will celebrate the win but also express some unhappiness over some of the coaching. This game was closer than it needs to be.

I think everyone on the board would like blow-outs. But if you've been a Hawkeye for more than 2 seasons you know that ain't Kirk's style. He actually got mad at CJ for scoring a TD late against Purdue IIRC. Hayden would beat Illinois State 61-14. Kirk probably called the Redbirds coach after the game and apologized for the final score. I can promise you one thing. There won't be any 3 TD victories for the remainder of this season. Doesn't mean it won't be enjoyable though.

other than WR, I don't see it. The rest of their team is awful.

WE are clearly better than iowa state. But go back and watch the game...and then see how the game changed after their stud DT got hurt. Iowa state might not win games they should..but they are as talented as us. Just a friendly reminder that no matter how much people criticize our staff...looking at the boys from ames, with equal or more talent....we improve much more over the course of the season. Maybe not 11 or 10 wins good..but....isu has as much talent as we do.

I think winning by three touch downs is fun too. Offensive line has some work to do. CJ took some tough hits. That needs to be shored up. Defensive coordinator can stick that prevent defense somewhere where the sun don't shine.

Did you see Kirks reaction to the field goal? He knows this game should never have come down to that field goal. Glad we won but some concerns in this game. I will never understand not pressuring their QB late in the game. I believe their QB is just a freshman. So if we would have blitzed and a big play happens at least you try. Seven guys back on defense and you allow a first down on fourth and fifteen???

Dont get me wrong I was jumping up and down when he hit that field goal but is was a typical KF win. Get conservative with play calling until you HAVE TO move the ball. How ****** would everyone have been if we lost this game in overtime? Just because we won doesn't excuse conservative play calling from both coordinators on the last possession before the final drive and Pitts last offensive possession.

i will celebrate the win but also express some unhappiness over some of the coaching. This game was closer than it needs to be.
This times a million.

Latest posts