Iowa Will Win Big this Weekend

Hawkbomb

I am very confident Iowa will win buy double digits Saturday. I believe we match up well against sparty this year.

I do not believe they will be able to move the ball all that well against this defense, and our offense will open things up with the pass this weekend. No pick six, and we win by 17 minimum this weekend.

Iowa 31, MSU 13

I like your confidence, but considering Iowa's coaching style and the fact that the good captain likes to play it close to the vest I think that the score is going to be closer than we in the Hawkeye nation would like to see. I see it just enough to keep all the fans uncomfortable with the outcome - Hawks by 7, 24-17.

I am very confident Iowa will win buy double digits Saturday. I believe we match up well against sparty this year.

I do not believe they will be able to move the ball all that well against this defense, and our offense will open things up with the pass this weekend. No pick six, and we win by 17 minimum this weekend.

Iowa 31, MSU 13

Completely agree

I'm just not sure where the love from Michigan State is coming from, and while I certainly understand and remember the struggles we've had in East Lansing under Kirk, I just don't think an upset is happening..

They're not a particularly good football team to be quite honest..

I hope you guys are right. I'm a little more worried with our recent history in EL. But with this team anything is possible!

I think we can stop the run, just hope to stop there pass as well. I don't think they will score more than 20 on us max.

I hope Iowa does put it to them but I am still leery. I am confident we will win as so far this team has shown us they will do enough to do that but I am not that confident in a blowout

Win or lose it will be another close game. MSU has some great weapons, so do we and they have a great couple LB's out there capable of making us pay.

I have a bad feeling about this week. Iowa could be walking into the perfect storm there in East Lansing. MSU is playing pretty well lately (against inferior opponents) and it is a night game (rare in EL) and they seem to have our number recently there. I also have a feeling that we are going to turn the ball over a couple of times. I hope our defense is up to the challenge but I expect this one to be a close ball game. I give the advantage at home to MSU and their kicker is better than ours. Hopefully the Hawkeyes prove me wrong on this feeling!

I'm predicting the hawks will score a defensive or special teams touchdown. Anyone know when was the last time iowa returned a kick for a score??

Rain or shine, I love Iowa's chances this week. Its only Tuesday, and surfing somes sites and forums has told me one thing is certain, Sparty fan definately has there doubts about there football team. A lot of if's and could we's and maybe's coming out of there camp. Prolly not the same case in the locker room, but Iowa has a fantastic chance to take the crowd out of the game EARLY, cause MSU fans don't sound very optimistic they can play a full 60 minutes. The bend but don't break attitude is starting to take its toll on the rest of the Big Ten. Hold Sparty to no points on there opening drive and I don't believe we'll be seriously threatened.

Umm, we've relied very heavily on the pass this season. We are #9 in the conference in rushing offense. MSU is #6.

Other MSU stat rankings:
#3 scoring offense

#1 passing

#1 passing efficiency

#3 total offense

#3 first downs

#4 scoring defense

#3 rushing defense

#5 total defense

#2 sacks by

#1 sacks against

#1 fg pct

however

#9 turnover margin

#8 pass efficiency defense

#8 opp first downs

#9 penalties

#8 red zone offense

#11 red zone defense

#8 opp third down conv

I feel the same way about this game as I did about when we played ISU. I believe we win pretty convincingly. Close at first but we'll pull away.

Hawks 31, MSU 13

I have to say I feel better going into this game than I did the Wisky game. Ricky seems to be on his way to putting together a good consistant game. Moeaki was solid last week and Sparty will have to game plan for him no doubt. That alone should be worth a few points on the score board.

Sparty has not faced a defense like they are about to face.......6 seconds of pure hell!!

I like the Hawks chances for a big win...but then again we do have a history in EL!

Hawkeyes, 28
Sparty, 17

I know this is probably not some of your guys' styles, but I hope you have been hitting on some of these lines Iowa has been given.. -6.5 in Lames, -7 home vs. Zona, +10 @ PSU, +3 @ Wisky, and now a PKem @ Sparty... First year I have ever bet on the Hawks, but I have only thrown on these 4 games and they have covered each one... Shyed away from Michigan, and Arky. St.... So here's to making it 5 for 5, I like the Hawks by 13.

Latest posts