IOWA WESTER F.B.

Hawkman1961

Humm new coach search over ????? Not sure but won the NJCAA Championship bye 47 ? Back 2 Back I know Jr. COLLEGE BUT IOWA MEN

Coach Stromeier is a family friend and I see him fairly regularly. What he has done at Iowa Western is simply nuts. They just started in 2009 and this is I believe their 3rd Natty and they've placed runner up a few other times. He is an exceptional coach who started at the HS level. When he moved here for the gig, he wasn't even really full time, he had to have a 2nd job to keep the lights on. I've always thought Nebraska would try and hire him as a position coach but honestly, their pipeline is closer to Iowa and ISU vs NU, which is weird being an hour away.

This reads like a classic @earlkoppelman post.

Earl was approaching 80, drunk on Rolling Rock by 10am at Dave's Place in Eureka, CA (I'm not making this up), and made Otis Campbell from the Andy Griffith show look like Steven Hawking.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, please peruse ol' Earl's post history. Make sure you don't already have a migraine going on.

I'd never watched a Jr. College game until catching last night's Western Iowa CC victory. Interesting to observe the talent level compared to the Power 5 conferences. Some size differential, obviously, in the trenches, but have to say the OLines and Dlines looked pretty solid -- which is probably why those two teams were in the title game! Also thought the skill players looked very good, and many of those players will probably be playing at the MAC-level sooner rather than later -- depending on academics.
The weakest position group by far were the DBacks on both teams. Couldn't tackle worth a crap, and pass coverage not much better.

Earl was approaching 80, drunk on Rolling Rock by 10am at Dave's Place in Eureka, CA (I'm not making this up), and made Otis Campbell from the Andy Griffith show look like Steven Hawking.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, please peruse ol' Earl's post history. Make sure you don't already have a migraine going on.

Is Earl still around.

I just remember run on after run on after run on sentence with absolutely no punctuation. I literally would have to read his posts 3 times and often times gave up on them. Lol.

I'd never watched a Jr. College game until catching last night's Western Iowa CC victory. Interesting to observe the talent level compared to the Power 5 conferences. Some size differential, obviously, in the trenches, but have to say the OLines and Dlines looked pretty solid -- which is probably why those two teams were in the title game! Also thought the skill players looked very good, and many of those players will probably be playing at the MAC-level sooner rather than later -- depending on academics.
The weakest position group by far were the DBacks on both teams. Couldn't tackle worth a crap, and pass coverage not much better.

Iowa has pulled a few Iowa Western players from them over the years. Sargeant was one.

I thought the exact same thing as soon as I read it.

Ellsworth CC

Iowa Western feels like the latest version of that. Elllsworth and Iowa Central were the schools when you needed to stash a guy or go get a guy, that's where you went in the 80's and 90's. Iowa Central had wrestling dudes(future MMA guys) like Jon Jones and Colby Covington among a bunch of football players that are notable alums.

Latest posts