Iowa vs Western Illinois Midweek Game

ssckelley

Next up for Iowa is a home game against the mighty Leathernecks. The Leathernecks come into this game with a 4-32 record and haven't won a game since April 9th. Their starting pitcher has an ERA over 12. I know Western Illinois is a fairly close opponent (just a 2 hour bus ride) but I hope the Hawkeyes can avoid scheduling games like this in the future, they will lose RPI points just by playing the game because of how horrible WIU's record is. Benjamin DeTaeye will get his first start on the mound but I'm guessing we will see many different pitchers being used like Heller normally does in mid week games. Hopefully the Hawkeye hitters will feast in this game, the WIU pitching staff is not very good at all as their team ERA is 8.71. WIU does have a few decent hitters, they do average almost 5 runs per game but they have very little power, they rely on getting on base and playing small ball.

Game starts at 6:05, tickets are only $2 if you are in the area. Game will be televised live on BTN+ and be broadcast on the Hawkeye Radio Network. After this game Iowa will travel to Nebraska and Friday's game will be televised for free on BTN.

Game notes here: https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2022/04/25/hawkeyes-host-leathernecks-on-tuesday/

Next year I'll probably have 1 thread for all midweek games, it seems silly to post a thread for one game given the little interest there is in Hawkeye baseball on this site.

Go Hawks!

Hawkeyes up 6-1 heading into the 5th. WIU is making errors that I’d be embarrassed if our local high school team made.