Iowa vs. Virginia announcers: Carter Blackburn and Dan Dakich

NHS, just hope your seats are not close enough that you could accidentally overhear some of his pro Alf ranting.

Dakich is my favorite ESPN college bb analyst,so I am fine with it. It is not a great group of analysts,no doubt,but at least Dakich is not a cliche spouting machine, and is not afraid to speak his mind.

If Iowa fans do not want him to comment on SA, then maybe they should quit stalking him on the topic?

Who exactly is stalking Dakich on any topic? My apologies if this is taking place in the Twitterverse. I don't exist on that plane.

Dakich is my favorite ESPN college bb analyst,so I am fine with it. It is not a great group of analysts,no doubt,but at least Dakich is not a cliche spouting machine, and is not afraid to speak his mind.

If Iowa fans do not want him to comment on SA, then maybe they should quit stalking him on the topic?

You call it stalking, but is it really when Dakich is the one who brings it up?

Anyway, at least for me, the SA stuff is hardly the reason why I dislike him. I just find him to be an awful color analyst, with his inaccuracies, absurd statements, and general annoyance.

Wish Dakich had a real play by play guy to work with instead of this clown. Blackburn is terrible, Dakich deserves better.

Who exactly is stalking Dakich on any topic? My apologies if this is taking place in the Twitterverse. I don't exist on that plane.

I am not suggesting that anyone on here is stalking him...just the twitter crowd who evidently is having a lot of back and forth with him. He is a talkradio jock,so just throwing chum in the water to draw rabid SA haters from Iowa to then make fun of....just do not see the value in it for Iowas fanbase...we look somewhat irrational when SA's name comes up,and outsiders do not understand it.

Don't get the Dakich hate. He knows Big Ten basketball. He's been complimentary of Iowa's progress since Fran has arrived. If it's about his support of Alford, get over it. Alford hasn't been the coach here for 7 years.

Don't get the Dakich hate. He knows Big Ten basketball. He's been complimentary of Iowa's progress since Fran has arrived. If it's about his support of Alford, get over it. Alford hasn't been the coach here for 7 years.

I initially didn't mind Crotch Itch, but the longer he has been on air the more he spooges about Indiana now that they are good, talks about the glory days of IU when he was there. The biggest issue I have with him is he acts like an entitled buffoon. He talks about his coaching ability like he was one of the best before he got axed at BG and IU. Crean should be going after Crotch Itch like he did the UM coach that was cleared of doing anything wrong, oh wait, he isn't an IU guy to begin with.

What I really don't like is how he cuts coaches/players down the way he does in the same breath. The last time he did an Iowa game he said: "Iowa is actually fun to watch tonight." I do think he feels that Fran is doing a good job, but that is how he ended his compliment toward Iowa's play that night. Also, Iowa was supposed to win, so he gives Iowa some love. Let's see how it is Wednesday as Iowa isn't supposed to win, sure he will compliment them, but he compliments everyone...as he did when Purdue was playing Nebraska all he did was talk about AJ Hammonds and Purdue when they never had a lead in the game.

Yes the Alford support bothers me because I don't understand why he continues to bring it up. We all know how he and the 'Fraud are buddies as well as the New Mexico AD. Why does he feel the need to continue not let it die, I know the 'Fraud is just a distant memory, but to bring up probably the most frustrating time for me as an Iowa basketball fan since watching just rehashes me being at the BTT in 2006 and not being as happy as I should have been because the team didn't look like a team at all afterwards, but that was just the tip of the iceberg for me as I was already done with him, the NW St. game was just the icing on the cake. It isn't how I feel about the 'Fraud anymore anyway, it is the point that Crotch Itch has made his bed with a guy that doesn't think rape is a big deal. People make misjudgements everyday though, I just don't like the Crotch Itch period and the 'Fraud part of it is a very, very small part of it, I just think he is an awful analyst.

Latest posts