Iowa vs Tennessee Predictions

Just watched ESPNU and they talked briefly about the game and they said Tenn lost a PG to Georgia Tech and they tried a couple guys before finding the right one at that spot. Good defensive team and sounds like a tough gritty team inside.

I'm starting to think that this matchup may not be terrible for Iowa. I'd much rather take on a team with good bigs, rather than a team with good guards and a good 3 point shooting team.

In regards to Iowa they talked about how well they played early and looked like a Final 4 team but collapsed and said it was mental. Fran Fraschilla said the collapse started after Fran's blowup at Wisconsin. Not sure of I agree but made me wonder if the team has a grudge against Fran for losing his cool and if the team felt like he cost them the chance to win that game.

Just watched ESPNU and they talked briefly about the game and they said Tenn lost a PG to Georgia Tech and they tried a couple guys before finding the right one at that spot. Good defensive team and sounds like a tough gritty team inside.

I'm starting to think that this matchup may not be terrible for Iowa. I'd much rather take on a team with good bigs, rather than a team with good guards and a good 3 point shooting team.

In regards to Iowa they talked about how well they played early and looked like a Final 4 team but collapsed and said it was mental. Fran Fraschilla said the collapse started after Fran's blowup at Wisconsin. Not sure of I agree but made me wonder if the team has a grudge against Fran for losing his cool and if the team felt like he cost them the chance to win that game.

Until the collapse Iowa was 7-3 after that game. That comment is stupid. The collapse started when Bo Ryan figured out how to destroy this team's defense and everyone else followed along.

You would be crazy to pick Iowa in this game. Luckily, reg season momentum gets thrown out the window come tourney time. Go Hawks!

IOWA has not been interested in playing good ball for a month. Mentally checked out, the lack of effort will continue. Iowa - 48 Tenn- 60

Hawks need to discover the other guys on the team and realize that they are a team. to the extend that they do that, they'll reach their potential. If they don't it will be more of the same.

So their #4-5 guys can rebound but they can't shoot 3pters, and they only Avg 5 treys/gm. On only Avg shooting, 33%. it seems lime Iowa has been killed by the Trey, and killed from those unlikely big guys, like Buggs at MN, byrd at MSU, Kaminsy from Wis, and the 2 gus from NW, so, not having those guys suddenly be threats out there is a big plus.

Certainly IOWAs bigs, can get down the court on Avg faster, esspically if there are 4 sets of fresh legs, vs 2 sets. (Whitey, basabe, Oli, Woody).

Strength vs length. Always an interesting dynamic.

I will go out on limb and pick Iowa b/c they are in the 99th percentile in luck (the coin can not continue flipping tails), TN isn't a great 3pt shooting team so the probability they over achieve their is reduced (especially w the 260lb guys w zeros on yr), and iowa may be able to get those bigs in fatigue and therefore foul trouble by keeping 4sets of fresh legs shooting and driving by them.

If Fran decides to let Gesell, marble, and Oglesby shoot away at will from the outside, and let's Mccabre and Jok get the OK to lift a shot every 1.2 mins, and decides to limit uthoff and Mels mins, then were one and done.

Stepping out of conference means stepping down in competition AND playing a team that doesn't see us 1 to 3 times a year. I think the Hawks win 74-63. We have to make sure our fouls in the paint count...no traditional 3 point plays.

They had a lot of time to get the snap back in their legs. All the other teams had to grind their way through their conference tourneys... Iowa took an entire week off. We are set.

I'll pick Iowa by 6 pts. Tennessee is one of the few teams that I have not seen play, so I have no idea how good they are or are not, so this is a purely homer pick. I want this team to get back to playing how it's capable of playing, so badly.

Stop wondering about silly things.

Freak locker room accident takes out the entire Vols backcourt. 48 year old bus driver Gus Frehoel (who drove Tennessse from the airport) suits up at PG. He goes 19/20 from 3. Vols win 106-79.

Iowa gets it mojo back and wins this game, and also against UMASS.

Every player on this team was brought here for this moment, to get back to the NCAA tourney.

Fran's son is having surgery. Last i heard (please correct if wrong), Fran is flying to Dayton with team, flying back for surgery and flying back to Dayton to coach the game. As a player, to have a coach got through this, how does this not fire you up? Coach and his family are going through a difficult situation.

Those 2 things should fire this team up to get back to where it was. this week off hopefully rested some people up, got them re-energized, healed whatever has been going on in the locker room and get us ready to play the NCAA tourney

Hawks win a hard fought game. Oglesby and Marble hit some threes late to create some separation. AN 11 ALWAYS BEATS IN 11 IN THE FIRST ROUND…and there's plenty of data to back that up!

you obviously didn't listen to the Hawks last game...the announcers said we can beat anyone and that Duke was "close" to having the same talent we do...

That was an idiotic statement, especially considering we were in the process of losing to NU at the time. But even so, Duke has two first round (possibly lottery) picks on their team. We have none.

IOWA has not been interested in playing good ball for a month. Mentally checked out, the lack of effort will continue. Iowa - 48 Tenn- 60

I don't think the score is gong to be anywhere near that low, though. Not with our pace of play and defense (or lack thereof).

Sadly, I too feel that Iowa is going to lose this game. I really hope they will prove me wrong, but I've seen nothing lately to make me think they are suddenly going to get it going. The BTT loss to NW was the final nail in that coffin, IMO. If they couldn't get up for the BTT, with a fresh start and a chance to do some damage there, then I'm not sure that this game will be much different.

Latest posts