Iowa vs. Purdue Preview/Prediction - NOW AVAILABLE

Re: Iowa vs. Purdue Preview/Prediction upcoming

Um ok. Do I need to bring up your posts the last 4 months? I can link all of them here so we can see them

No, seriously. You are awesome. Thanks for dropping by with all of your insight on these boards.

Link away.

I will never apologize for any of my predictions I have made. I was overzealous in Sept/Oct, as I thought this team would have put it together better than they have. They haven't.

But to sit there and accuse me of spinning losses, etc... that's just awesome. I missed the first two games of the year on my in-season predictions so far... that's understandable. I don't think many expected to lose to UTSA and the Duquesne game was a pick'em from my standpoint.

Was I wrong in my preseason expectations? You bet. I'll be the first to admit it. And I HAVE admitted it.

But in all seriousness, keep bringing that brilliant insight of yours to this board. You are awesome.

No, seriously. You are awesome. Thanks for dropping by with all of your insight on these boards.

Link away.

I will never apologize for any of my predictions I have made. I was overzealous in Sept/Oct, as I thought this team would have put it together better than they have. They haven't.

But to sit there and accuse me of spinning losses, etc... that's just awesome. I missed the first two games of the year on my in-season predictions so far... that's understandable. I don't think many expected to lose to UTSA and the Duquesne game was a pick'em from my standpoint.

Was I wrong in my preseason expectations? You bet. I'll be the first to admit it. And I HAVE admitted it.

But in all seriousness, keep bringing that brilliant insight of yours to this board. You are awesome.

Thanks I guess. I, unlike you, don't try to be awesome on a message board however. But if the great storminspank says it's true than it must be

And the only accusing I have accused you of is the one you are doing for this game. You have predicted all year long that you were going to beat Purdue at home. Now that Tucker is out, you have a built in excuse as to why the Hawks lost

Thanks I guess. I, unlike you, don't try to be awesome on a message board however. But if the great storminspank says it's true than it must be

And the only accusing I have accused you of is the one you are doing for this game. You have predicted all year long that you were going to beat Purdue at home. Now that Tucker is out, you have a built in excuse as to why the Hawks lost
I also predicted all year long that Iowa was going to beat Wichita State, but when it came time to give my prediction I took the Shockers.

Basketball is an ebb and flow game. If you aren't playing well or the other team is playing really well, it changes a lot of things. That's what makes game to game predictions for basketball much easier than preseason predictions.

In regards the upcoming game, losing your 2nd leading scorer and backup PG against a team like Purdue is a huge deal with their pressure D. Call it an excuse, call me a backpedaller, whatever, it makes a difference in this game. It didn't matter last time out because of the level of competition.

I do the Vlogs to show that I have accountability. You can put a face to a name on an Internet Message Board. I don't hide behind the anonymity like 90% of users do. I will always try to give my opinion, right or wrong. If I make a stupid prediction, I'll be the first (well, likely the 5th or 6th because someone else has likely pointed it out) to admit it. No one is perfect. I don't try to be. I just do what I can to get information out there - from one Hawkeye fan to the others. That's all I can do. I've never claimed to be more than that on a message board.

It looks like I'll have to get this done tomorrow over lunch. I've been laid up on the coach all night - been ill since I got home from work.

Ah, is there something you need to tell us Spank? "laid up on the coach"? At least we know where you are getting your inside information. :)

Ah, is there something you need to tell us Spank? "laid up on the coach"? At least we know where you are getting your inside information. :)

Coach, Couch, what's the difference?! ;)

I just recorded it over lunch here at the office, I'll try to get it online sometime soon.

Last edited:
If your prediction comes true of 57-70 that is a win in my book.

My prediction-

Iowa-51
Purdue 81

Last edited:

^^^^^That excuse. Is it true? Yes. But he acts like Iowa had a chance even with Tucker. He is basically saying that the game would have been or could have been won with Tucker. Now without him they don't have a chance. It's a build up excuse for when they lose. It's a 15 to 25 point loss regardless

I don't see it. Anybody would agree that with Tucker we have a better shot at any game. Stormin didn't say we WOULD win with AT, he just said we'd have a better chance.....which is absolutely true. Jeez, take it easy.

Latest posts