Iowa vs Purdue gamethread

Halftime score Iowa 27-Purdue 26!

Despite a tough last 10 minutes of the first half, you have to be very proud of the first 20 minutes of play. Iowa must come out of the gate strong in the second half now, none of that crap like we saw against Texas! Lets go hawks!!!

It has crossed my mind a handful of times tonight what a difference Jake Kelly would make on this team. We are missing him a ton.

On the flip side, his numbers don't look too impressive thus far with his new team.

Purdue only 6 fouls in the first half......Really???? Hawks played a good first 10, bad second 10. Too many TO's. Should be up by double digits! Need to keep driving to the basket, maintain the dribble and hit the open jumper. Purdue plays good D, but hopefully the refs. blow the whistle in the second half against the boilers??? Need to guard Hummel a little tighter!

When a good team is playing poorly, you need more than a 1 point halftime lead. Still, a great way to start out the B10 season. A win tonight and they will exceed my expectations for the year. The practical side of me is afraid of what is coming (long scoring drought) but the koolaid-drinking/Spank side of me is very pleased.:p
-Greg

Halftime score Iowa 27-Purdue 26!

Despite a tough last 10 minutes of the first half, you have to be very proud of the first 20 minutes of play. Iowa must come out of the gate strong in the second half now, none of that crap like we saw against Texas! Lets go hawks!!!

I was just thinking that. We hung with Texas in the first half but we just didn't have the depth to continue to compete in the second half. Hopefully we can pull out a BIG win tonight.

Pretty good first half by the Hawks. The officiating has been horrible (as usual).

It is Hightower after all!!! Also, I could not believe Vanetine I believe it was, called that foul about three seconds after the purdue player missed the basket. There was some contact, could have been a no call. But since he missed the basket, he decided he'd better blow his whistle!!!

Just like the Texas game, we can play with anyone for 20 minutes. After that we just don't have the depth to compete with anyone.

Latest posts