Iowa vs Penn St in primetime

Hawkphan

Just heard the news on Kxno that the Iowa vs Penn St game is slated for primetime. I already have chills of how electric the crowd will be.

Well never mind then. But I don't think Tex/Okla can be on game day, and not sure about Florida/Ala

ESPN can go anywhere they want to do gameday. I think they did the TX/Oklahoma game last year because Herbie called that game and it was an 11am kick so Herbie couldn't do gameday at another location and get to Dallas in time. I don't think they will do TX/Oklahoma 2 years in a row unless Herbie is calling the game again then they will.

Even though Florida/Bama will be CBS, gameday can go there and do their show.

ESPN can go anywhere they want to do gameday. I think they did the TX/Oklahoma game last year because Herbie called that game and it was an 11am kick so Herbie couldn't do gameday at another location and get to Dallas in time. I don't think they will do TX/Oklahoma 2 years in a row unless Herbie is calling the game again then they will.

Even though Florida/Bama will be CBS, gameday can go there and do their show.

If PSU finds a way to knock off 'Bama, and we're both undefeated, then I think Gameday would come here (unless they do the Shootout), and Herbie would call the game with Musburger (which I think he'll do regardless, it's Saturday Night Football).

Hopefully Iowa-OSU will be a Gameday game in Iowa City, only with better results than last time.

Not trying to be an a**, but why do so many people care about gameday coming to IC? ESPN's coverage of BigTen is practically non-existent at this time. Yeah, I know it's cool to see on TV and somehow might help recruiting. I guess I'm just sick of the ESPN's SEC biased reporting/commentating.

If PSU finds a way to knock off 'Bama, and we're both undefeated, then I think Gameday would come here (unless they do the Shootout), and Herbie would call the game with Musburger (which I think he'll do regardless, it's Saturday Night Football).

I guess they could, I looked and last year the reason Herbie and Musburger did the TX/Oklahoma game is because ABC didn't have a Saturday night game for some reason.

Not trying to be an a**, but why do so many people care about gameday coming to IC? ESPN's coverage of BigTen is practically non-existent at this time. Yeah, I know it's cool to see on TV and somehow might help recruiting. I guess I'm just sick of the ESPN's SEC biased reporting/commentating.

And what better way to stop that then to give them no choice but to come to the Big 10 again? Plus, as a student at the UI, I'd love to get to go. I'd sleep in Hubbard Park if it would get me in the front.

And what better way to stop that then to give them no choice but to come to the Big 10 again? Plus, as a student at the UI, I'd love to get to go. I'd sleep in Hubbard Park if it would get me in the front.

i agree i don't understand why anyone wouldn't want gameday in IC:)

With expansion looming they have no choice but to give the Big Ten attention this year.

i was at gameday for ohio st a few years back, and even though we lost the game, the electricity at gameday was insane. this was at 9 o'clock! all the way to 7 o'clock kick off, when the hawks came out is still in my top 5 greatest moments of my life. the atmosphere gameday exposure brings is absolutely unreal.

Plus any extra attention Iowa gets from having Gameday there only helps with recruiting and stuff like that.

Latest posts