Iowa vs Ohio State Predictions

FWIW - I concur with thegreattobini and ih8olives. It's a good problem to have (wish we had the same problem at 197).

I think the potential that ramos has is appealing. But clarks experience and proven ability is what is needed on such a young team. I understand Ramos is exciting but on such an inexperienced team you need leaders, guys who've been there before and really there are only two guys in the room right now: McD and Clark.

Seriously: Tyler Clark - D1 College Wrestling

I think Montell Marion is in the room right now also. Just saying!!!

I have to admit I've been disappointed in all 3 of our 33-pounders. I thought that all 3 would be top-8 and that whoever emerged as the leader of the pack would be a shoo-in semi-finalist. So far none of them has put distance between himself and the others, and worse yet, none has cracked the top 10. They are all obviously tough, but I question how much more Clark can improve--he seems destined to be a perpetual round-of-12-er. I question whether Moore has the fortitude to get going when the going gets tough. So that leaves Ramos, and I'm putting my chips on him to continue to improve, hopefully enough to sneak into the top 8 by March.

RE the ICW topic. It is probably a bit early to rule a particular way on them but the early results do support some concern. Mueller never lived up to potential at ISU, thus far Nate Moore has not lived up, DSJ has struggled some and does not seem as mentally tough as is needed and Gambrall has been not overly impressive.

FWIW - I concur with thegreattobini and ih8olives. It's a good problem to have (wish we had the same problem at 197).

I'm sure we all agree on that.

The interesting thing with Ramos and Clark is that their styles are so opposite they have to be great practice partners.

Latest posts