Iowa vs Nebraska Trophy Game Revealed Friday

Kinnick lived in Nebraska for what a whole 1 year? He was born and raised in Iowa, being born in Iowa, he's naturally an Iowan. I'll actually feel offended if Iowa and Nebraska play for a Trophy. He went to Iowa, this would be the worst trophy idea ever.

How about we do something really neat and inventive, like calling it the Iowa/Nebraska or Nebraska/Iowa game. Let's not cheapen it by calling it by some gimmicky/trite rivalry name?

For all the great ideas the B1G has, they have a bunch of major fails, too.

Maybe it will be a combo trophy of a hero from each school?

Neb fans have given me **** about their Heisman trophy winners, then throwing out 'your only Heisman winner isn't even from Iowa, he's from Neb!" Really? Spending the first 16 yrs of your life in Iowa, then 2 in Neb makes, then several more in Iowa makes you FROM Neb? LOL

How about we do something really neat and inventive, like calling it the Iowa/Nebraska or Nebraska/Iowa game. Let's not cheapen it by calling it by some gimmicky/trite rivalry name?

For all the great ideas the B1G has, they have a bunch of major fails, too.

Personally, if I were an Iowa or Nebraska fan, I would approach this revelation with nothing but absolute terror. I promise the guys coming up with the trophy were in the room and agreed Legends and Leaders were a good idea and that your new logo was a winner.

These guys are going to screw this up and screw it up BAD.

I thought we already had a Kinnick trophy.
Kinnick-statue-225x300.jpg

I would like to see some Nebby linemen try to lift THAT above their shoulders after a win.

We should just play for territory. If we win, we'll annex Omaha into the state. If they win they claim Council Bluffs.

Having a "Nile Kinnick" trophy would be a great way to tick off both fan bases. I can see why iowa fans wouldn't want his name in our hands. From a Husker perspective, I can't see fighting for a trophy named after someone completely associated with Iowa. One year of hs in Nebraska means nothing...he is an Iowan by birth, life, and legacy.

Having a "Nile Kinnick" trophy would be a great way to tick off both fan bases. I can see why iowa fans wouldn't want his name in our hands. From a Husker perspective, I can't see fighting for a trophy named after someone completely associated with Iowa. One year of hs in Nebraska means nothing...he is an Iowan by birth, life, and legacy.

Which is why it is the perfect trophy. Oh, can you imagine the instant hatred that will be generated by Iowa fans if the Huskers take our beloved hero?

I N S T A N T . . . H A T R E D . . .

This is why things should evolve naturaly, like a tradition that students make up or a bet betwwen two governers. Meeting to decide future traditions is asinine, and the bipartisan trophy system is weak, bland and forgettable.

our the creators of the trophy the same genuses who brought us "legends and leaders"?

What about the first few years of existence for Floyd? It had no history or traditions. Everything has to start somewhere to build history and tradition.

Floyd started with a bet that involved a real pig. The tradition started there. They didn't just make a pig trophy and say, "Here's your trophy." I could crap in a bucket every day for fifty years and it won't be any great tradition, just a huge pile of crap.

Latest posts