Iowa vs Nebraska Trophy Game Revealed Friday

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Just got a notice from Iowa that Friday at 7:15am in Chicago, they along with Nebraska officials will announced the details surrounding the 'newest trophy game in the Big Ten'

I will be there and post here...also, if you've yet to follow us on twitter, now is always a good time to come on board

Any guesses on what it will be? We already have a pig, a bull, and the Iowa Corn Growers Association is the new sponsor for the Cy-Hawk series. Maybe a cast of Nile Kinnick (Iowans and Nebraskans already fight over his childhood). Hmmmm...

Reading between the lines from the ESPN Big Ten blog post, "I just received an invitation to the event. Not sure if this is a clue about the trophy, but the invitation includes a definition for the word hero: "A person of distinguished courage or ability, admired for their brave deeds and noble qualities."

Could we be looking at the Nile Kinnick trophy? He went to HS in Nebraska and obviously is Iowa's only Heisman winner. Or could it be some sort of dual-name trophy like the new Big Ten awards? Who would be Nebraska's hero?

I think it will be the "Roger Craig-Trev Alberts-Nile Kinnick-Adam Shada Golden Corn Cob Trophy presented by Pioneer Hi-Bred."

That way, you would have two Iowa greats who played for Nebraska and two Nebraska greats who played for Iowa, plus corn, plus a corporate sponsor.

But according to clone fans this game isn't a rivalry and trophy games are usually associated with rivalries so how can this be?

Floyd is the only trophy game Iowa should have. The bull is completely void of history or tradition, whatever the ISU trophy ends up will be forced, and the notion Iowa should split Kinnick's legacy is retarded.

Floyd is the only trophy game Iowa should have. The bull is completely void of history or tradition, whatever the ISU trophy ends up will be forced, and the notion Iowa should split Kinnick's legacy is retarded.

I agree. I really hope it's not Kinnick but sounds like it will be.

This is gonna be a huge game, there's no need for a trophy.

Floyd is great because of the history, but the others should just go away.

Nile Kinnick is an IOWA hero - PERIOD. His name shouldn't be associated in any way with NU.

I may puke if this happens.

What about the first few years of existence for Floyd? It had no history or traditions. Everything has to start somewhere to build history and tradition.

If this has anything to do with Nile Kinnick i will be stunned and extremely ticked off. Barta has seen nothing like the anger fans will express if anything associated with Kinnick ends up in the hands of Nebby. If it does he knows even less than i gave him credit for which was very little to begin with. He could be creating a backlash that he couldnt have dreamed of. You dont mess with any portion of the legacy of Nile Kinnick.

"What about the first few years of existence for Floyd? It had no history or traditions. Everything has to start somewhere to build history and tradition."

You might want to look up how Floyd started. It wasn't just two random AD's getting a bright idea.

Latest posts