Iowa vs Mizzou

This is not lame. I want to beat Mizzu down like a rented step sister. They pulled out and stuck Iowa years back. I want this game..

Lame - not worth staying up for.

It's not like someone will force you too, so no need to to ***** about it, I know I will stay up just for the fact that it is the last Hawkeye football game until next September regardless of how bad this season went.

Well we recruit St. Louis hard, so this isn't terrible exposure. Plus they are a boarder team, and I'm sure at least some percent of fans have Missouri connections, relationships, root for the Cardinals or Royals or something. It's better than playing some mid-level SEC in Jacksonville.

Well, I hope the Iowa football team has more pride and determination than many of the Iowa fans on this board.

Pathetic.

Well we recruit St. Louis hard, so this isn't terrible. It's better than playing some mid-level SEC in Jacksonville.

1. Missou is built to roll the Hawks this year. So that recruiting might backfire.

2. It is NOT better than playing Florida.

1. Missou is built to roll the Hawks this year. So that recruiting might backfire.

2. It is NOT better than playing Florida.

I don't see the point in playing the worst Florida team of the decade. If you beat them, then you beat their worst team of the decade, if you lose to them then you lost to worst Florida team of the decade. Plus, Florida is not in Jacksonville, its Miss St.

It's not like someone will force you too, so no need to to ***** about it, I know I will stay up just for the fact that it is the last Hawkeye football game until next September regardless of how bad this season went.

I know you won't believe this but this is EXACTLY right! We get to play Nebraska EVERY year from here on out. Missouri is still a good team and are a 'border rival' and personally I don't care for them either. It is going to be a heated game but Missouri does provide a more difficult match-up for the Hawks. I don't care who they play, I will watch because like HawkeyeScott said, it is the last time we get to see them play for 8 months. Now, maybe this game is a buzz kill and probably prevents some from going but still a chance to beat a ranked team.

I don't see the point in playing the worst Florida team of the decade. If you beat them, then you beat their worst team of the decade, if you lose to them then you lost to worst Florida team of the decade. Plus, Florida is not in Jacksonville, its Miss St.

I agree, mizz over miss st any day of the week.

I would much rather play Nebraska....Mizzu seems like a match up nightmare. Northwesternish with twice the speed and athletes.

I will watch this game...because it's the Hawks...but I was toying with/scrambling to get the trip together to see Iowa-Nebby....I will NOT attend this game now...no doubt.

This season was a disappoinment. I remember my father taking me to Iowa Football games in the 70's when Bob Cummings was the Coach. Back then Iowa Football was horrible, those were some very lean years. But Dad and I were and still are Iowa fans. Dad is in VA now and I'm in NC and we still bleed balck and gold. Once a Hawkeye always a Hawkeye....win, lose or draw!

I know you won't believe this but this is EXACTLY right! We get to play Nebraska EVERY year from here on out. Missouri is still a good team and are a 'border rival' and personally I don't care for them either. It is going to be a heated game but Missouri does provide a more difficult match-up for the Hawks. I don't care who they play, I will watch because like HawkeyeScott said, it is the last time we get to see them play for 8 months. Now, maybe this game is a buzz kill and probably prevents some from going but still a chance to beat a ranked team.

Wow, I agree with you. We don't match up that great with them, but like I posted in another thread, they only put up 14 on ISU so give Norm 3 weeks and we will probably see something different and I think Iowa can win this game.

wow! we suck! pretty sure everyone was making fun of ISU and Minny last year for playing in this bowl game. Haha we are lame.

Latest posts