Iowa vs Minnesota Preview (CAMO Day)

Should be another exciting meet at Carver Hawkeye Arena! It's time for the wrestlers who have been in the program 2-3 years to take it to the next level and show the leadership and aggressiveness we've become accustomed to.

125#McDonough DEC: 3-0 HAWKS
McD needs to do a much better job of mixing up his attack or else he could get beat. Thankfully Sanders will probably be aggressive which will work in McD's favor.

133#Ramos: DEC: 6-0 HAWKS
Should be a great match. Hopefully Dardanes is not a good rider. If so, Ramos has to do a much better job from the bottom position then he did against Steiber.

141#Marion: DEC 9-0 HAWKS
If MM doesn't mix up his attack and stay aggressive he could easily get beat.

149# Ness: DEC 9-3 HAWKS
Was very impressed with Kelly's match against Molinaro but think Ness's length and technique will be the difference.

157#Moore: DEC 12-3 HAWKS
This match is a toss up but I think the Hawkeye crowd will lift Moore to victory.

165#Evans: DEC: 15-3 HAWKS
Hope Evans puts a whoop'in on Cody Yohn.

174#Storley DEC: 15-6 HAWKS
This looks like another toss up match that Ethan can definitely win.

184#Steinhaus MD: 15-10 HAWKS.
Love Wagner's attitude and effort but think Steinhaus is to physical for Vinnie.

197#Yohn: DEC 15-13 HAWKS
Sonny's size advantage will again make the difference in this match.

HWT Nelson: DEC 16 - 15 MINN
Believe Nelson is wrestling better right now then either of the Hawks HWT's.

MINN 16 HAWKS 15

Hopefully the energy level at Carver leads the Hawks to victory over the Rodents!
There are so many matches that could go either way that it really is hard to predict which team wins. (I'm counting on Carver Magic)
Either way, I believe this dual meet will go a long way in determining how the HAWKS perform the remainder of this year.

I guess if it were true, it would explain his lack luster performances at 97. Lets face it, some of his matches he looked as if he forgot to show up.

But i don't even really think that would explain it. Under the new rules you have to follow strict rules about exactly how much he could weigh. For example if he was at 193 vs Northwestern then he would've been at 191 for ohio state (just throwing out numbers here of course)
That shouldn't be any issue for him at all as he's not a big 197 lb'er at all (or 184 in my opinion)

CR - FWIW, someone on TOS said that it (GG cutting to 184) isn't happening. It's a roller coaster and I have no idea what to believe. We've heard so many different stories, rumors, etc. This poster is usually spot on...

Nickalodean at 2 pm meet me for a drink I'll be wearing Iowa wrestling camo shirt and probably by the pool table! Hate Minnesota

Ness gets out and puts a quick shot in. Kelly was a little lazy letting him go but does a nice job fending him off before the buzzer. 5-4.

Latest posts