Iowa vs Indiana Prediction Thread

Ugh, I just do not like this game.

I want to feel stupid so badly after Saturday afternoon, but I'm going with

Indiana 31
Iowa 27

And I'll have you know that last week I predicted 34-14, actual score 31-15. Whose your GRANDADDY!!??:cool:

This week. UI 44 IU 24

Your prediction is heresay, not documented, and unproven. It will receive no validation here. I say good day

Mabin and Lomax are keys for this game - they play well and get an INT - we win. I doubt Indiana is going to throw towards king much.

Iowa wins 40 - 21.

With Sudfeld avoiding Desmond King's side of the field, he forces a throw to the other side and Miles Taylor gets another INT. Offense runs (literally) roughshod over Indiana's defense on the backs of Daniels and Wadley.

I love the optimism shown by some with Iowa blowing Indiana out, but that isn't going to happen..

Iowa 24-23

Our offense may be our most important defensive weapon. The fewer times we allow their offense on the field the better off we will be. Lots of rushing yards would be good for clock management as well as our banged up QB.

Iowa 35 Indiana 24

I think it's going to be relatively high scoring and close. I have Iowa winning 38-35. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont get cute...pound the football down their throats and then catch them OCCASIONALLY off guard with the play action. Don't come out drop-back passing on 1st down. Just Shove. It. Down. Their. Throats.

On defense, do what Iowa does. Penn State held them in check all game and Iowa's defense is better than theirs.

Iowa 38
Indiana 17

Yes, they are an average at best team. Great offense that is unsupported by a poor defense. Our guys need to ignore records though and prepare as if it was any other game - uber important and tough.

All that said, I'm but a spectator, so I can think what I will. I expect our defense to continue their good play. I expect our passing game to improve from low point of last week, and I fully expect to run the ball very well, including down their throat in 4th qtr. We play tough ball in another great TEAM effort, Hawks 45 and Hoosiers 17.

I think just like Iowa, Indiana will be rusty off the bye. Last year they were 0-2 off of bye weeks losing to Bowling Green and Michigan and in 2013 they split, beating Penn St and losing to Minnesota. I'm going with 38- 30 Iowa. Hawks lead 14-0 after the first quarter and 24 - 10 at half before the Hoosiers tack on a couple of scores late in the 4th. Hawks move to 9-0

Last edited:
Iowa's pass D hasn't been tested like this all year. Throw in some balance for IU with their running back getting back to health and the field could be wide open for them. When Iowa's on offense, I can't help but feel nervous about how stagnant we got last week. I guess it just felt too much like what we've seen too often out of Iowa's offenses. Here's to getting back to playing aggressive, leave-it-all-on-the-field offense. Time to put in a few new wrinkles. I think if Iowa can prevent big plays and collect 2-3 more turnovers on defense, they can keep the Hoosiers to 24 points or less. If we can do that, I think the offense will muster up enough points over 4 quarters. Grind it out win.

Iowa 27 IU 24

Dont get cute...pound the football down their throats and then catch them OCCASIONALLY off guard with the play action. Don't come out drop-back passing on 1st down. Just Shove. It. Down. Their. Throats.

On defense, do what Iowa does. Penn State held them in check all game and Iowa's defense is better than theirs.

Iowa 38
Indiana 17
Another poster who wants Iowa to pound the running game using an inexperienced OLine against, conceivably, 8-9 in the box. BTW, Indiana's defense is worst against the pass.

Last edited:
38-18. Iowa defense swarms over Indiana's offense. King gets number 8. 2 Iowa running backs break 100. Black and gold fill the stadium.

Latest posts