Iowa vs Indiana Prediction Thread

Another poster who wants Iowa to pound the running game using an inexperienced OLine against, conceivably, 8-9 in the box. BTW, Indiana's defense is worst against the pass.

Yes, because CJ's mobility being limited is a significant challenge.

Being able to run the ball will be very important. Still will need to pass, but not by using deep drop backs or slow developing play action or rollouts or bootlegs....

finding ways to run the ball, even occaisionally against 8-9 man fronts, will still be needed, along with quicker passing plays. The question becomes...How we go about doing just that.

It's not ideal. But it's likely what will need to happen.

I can see it being close in the first half and then Iowa just wears them down in the 2nd half. Special teams will be big with Iowa need to make field goals and extra points. We did well covering the onside last week and got a felling we will have a few this week.

Dont get cute...pound the football down their throats and then catch them OCCASIONALLY off guard with the play action. Don't come out drop-back passing on 1st down. Just Shove. It. Down. Their. Throats.

On defense, do what Iowa does. Penn State held them in check all game and Iowa's defense is better than theirs.

Iowa 38
Indiana 17

Sudfeld didn't play against Penn State

We had better be able to run. CJ has been pretty average since his injury; not great on accuracy. Our pass defense is suspect and Sudfield is tough. We better control the clock, run the ball, keep Sudfield off the field, and score, somehow, at least 31 points. Get them down in the first half, then survive. I think Iowa, 31-24 in a nail bitter.

I predict that King, Mabin and Lomax will be Indiana's leading receivers.

Iowa 31 Indiana 17 with their final TD coming late in the 4th.

41-24 Hawks! The Hawks have heard all the b,s, and are very determined to prove all those naysayers wrong!

41-24 Hawks! The Hawks have heard all the b,s, and are very determined to prove all those naysayers wrong!

Agreed. The more I read about Iowa getting slighted, the more I think the Hawks will play with an edge this Saturday. Hawks win 38-17.
Indiana is not a team to lose to when one is 8-0 and going for greatness.

I think everyone watching last week noticed a let down in effort and production. You'd be crazy to think our coaches didn't see that too. Have a player in class and it appears they're paying for their sins last week. Lol.

Was disappointed to see Jon and Deace and others having little faith in Iowa's team to defeat a team that has lost badly to some bad teams and even in their wins is not very convincing. Go look at Indiana's schedule and who they played, and the scores of those games. One single anomaly is the Ohio State game, which was their best game of the season by far. The rest of the record shows a team that is really really bad at defense, and falls badly to decent teams, and loses to bad teams and narrowly beats bad teams.

I think the Iowa team is stronger in all phases than we are giving them credit for and will not stumble here. Maybe someday they will get respect within their own fanbase. We are much more than a QB this year I have discovered, and the current doubters will as well!

Was disappointed to see Jon and Deace and others having little faith in Iowa's team to defeat a team that has lost badly to some bad teams and even in their wins is not very convincing. Go look at Indiana's schedule and who they played, and the scores of those games. One single anomaly is the Ohio State game, which was their best game of the season by far. The rest of the record shows a team that is really really bad at defense, and falls badly to decent teams, and loses to bad teams and narrowly beats bad teams.

I think the Iowa team is stronger in all phases than we are giving them credit for and will not stumble here. Maybe someday they will get respect within their own fanbase. We are much more than a QB this year I have discovered, and the current doubters will as well!

I agree man. Iowa is underestimated. This is a tough bunch

Couldn't agree more. Way too many doubters out there. We're a top ten team with a championship level defense. We'll be fine.

Couldn't agree more. Way too many doubters out there. We're a top ten team with a championship level defense. We'll be fine.

Agreed and I also think with having different guys step up in certain games this year, tomorrow is going to be tevaun smiths day. He will have a Marvin minute like game and have about 150 yds rc and 3 TDs. I don't think they have anyone that can remotely cover him. Iowa 38-24