Iowa vs Indiana Prediction Thread

Hawk10k

Let's face the facts: Indiana is an average team. But they are an average team who managed to put up a lot of points against Rutgers (whoop-dee-doo) and hung around with a sleepwalking Ohio State team who were playing the wrong QB. So many Hawk fans are a little skittish about this Saturday. They do have the home field and two offensive weapons in the form of QB Nate Sudfeld and RB Jordan Howard who will need to be dealt with. But we will deal with them like every other team this year. Our defense is one of the very best and will keep the score low. CJ will make enough happen to keep us in front the whole day and we'll grind another one out. As long as CJ doesn't aggravate his injury then I don't care how much we win by. Next week's game is far more important.
26-19 Iowa

I have had a bad feeling about this game for weeks.

I just have a feeling this is the game where Indy rallies its troops and tries to save its season.

Indiana 31, Iowa 29

If we see the play calling from the last game and get cute passing I don't like our odds.

If we run early and often then I like our chances. I predict we get down early by a couple TDs and settle in and crawl our back.

CJ hits a huge PA bomb to seal it in the 4th. Hawks win 34-24

I like the idea of Iowas defense stepping up big for this game, shut down the run, control both lines and we walk away with a 17 point victory. Iowa 34-17

And they hung around with MSU for 3 quarters - Iowa 28-24. Defense needs to once again take control of this game

This feels a lot like the Maryland game except they can pass instead of run...although yes they can run too...but qb is the strength. Hawks will be solid enough on defense and our improving oline will make plenty of holes. I do expect quick hitting pass plays...tons of te on play action and one iowa back over 150 yds. T smith to have a big day. Hawks 41-24

This is the game I have been most concerned about, but as the season has progressed I now believe Iowa will win for 2 main reasons:

1. Desmond King. Indiana likes to throw the ball...a lot! Desmond King takes away 1/2 of the field, and at some point he will intercept them. Maybe several times.

2. Iowa's Defense. This is an elite, championship-level defense. Who would have thought that after Drew Ott went down? Indiana hasn't played a defense of this caliber. Michigan State isn't the Michigan State we are accustomed to. Ohio State's defense under Urban Meyer isn't the same smash-mouth style that Jim Tressel put out each and every year. They are more speed and skill.
Iowa's defense is going to line up and knock them on their ***! Indiana throws the ball a lot, and Iowa only ranks #41 nationally in pass defense. HOWEVER, Iowa ranks #13 in yards allowed per attempt. Indiana might get their yards through the air, but they won't get them in big chunks, and they will have to run a lot of plays. With that many passes, they are bound to turn it over.

This one won't be as close as anyone thinks.

Iowa 35
Indiana 10

Myers' return last week slightly disrupted the adrenaline-fueled chemistry that had developed in the OL. Now that he's worked off the rust and the OL will play the same positions for consecutive weeks, they can settle into a rythm. Additional tenderizing by Plewa / Cox + 3 healthy, capable backs and Hawks are gonna power-I the ball 50+ times for over 250 yards and 4 scores. CJ to Tevaun for another >50 play. (Thought I saw Iowa as among the leaders (national or B14??) in "big plays", but then, that would be just another statistical oversight by the "Cabal".)

Indiana's only hope is turnovers and the Hawks' only concern is trying not to tear off multiple huge runs and score too quickly.

Hawks 38 - Hoozhers 14.

Two words: Run it Up
Two more words: Score Style Points.

Latest posts