Iowa vs Illinois live!

Thomas starts the 3rd period down and Marion has him flattened out. Marion cuts him loose now to make it 7-2 with 1:30 left. Marion with another takedown to go up 9-2 plus lots of riding time.

Marion wins 11-2. Iowa wins 20-13.

Not a great dual by any stretch but Ramos and Lofthouse come up huge and they pull it out. I'm signing off and hitting the road but USAFhawk is going to try to get some video in the media room. Thanks for signing on everyone!

Yeah thanks Fulsaas! Always appreciate the updates. Bummer for McD but will definately be motivation from here on out. On the other hand Ramos is on a mission this year, can't wait for the Oliver match.

I was on my way to the dual and my little boy puked on the ride over. We had to pull over get him changed and decided to head back home. Got a link from TOS and watched from 197 on.

Matt either has the flu or the weight cut is too hard right now. He'll get it under control, but Delgado isn't going anywhere. He's quick and has good stamina. Some of that stamina is due to the adrenaline of being close with McD. We'll see how he does when Matt is putting the pressure on him.

Tony Ramos! Save me all the crap about your concerns about mat wrestling, this guy saw what needed to be done and dominated! Oliver is on alert now, this boy is hungry. The potential 133 semi final is going to be sick with Oliver, Ramos, Stiebler, and Futrell.

Marion had a nice win. Stayed strong on top and just looked like he was out muscling his guy. The Marion of old would have gotten a regular decision; I like what I saw all 3 periods.

Lira kept fighting but seemed like a 197 Matt Ballweg, wrestling with cement blocks on his feet. Nice to see him fight back, maybe he'll surprise and have a serviceable year.

Telford, well that was a dud of a big ten debut. Needs to learn how to set up shots. Is a nice top wrestler though.

Didn't see the rest, good job though Hawks. Illinois is going to be tough and they are not going to roll over with Perry in the room.

I hate to see him lose but McD is going to be fired up after this match. It might serve him well down the road. Congrats to Ramos on a huge win