Iowa vs Green Bay Game Thread

Hawkeyes win 93-82!

What is your prediction for the season? Undefeated? National championship?

Not going to answer, eh? Why not? You predict them to win every game anyway...why not go on record?

Inquiring minds want to know! Stop ducking the question.

Not going to answer, eh? Why not? You predict them to win every game anyway...why not go on record?

Inquiring minds want to know! Stop ducking the question.
He predicts that the officiating will be the cause of every one of our losses.

This season will go the way CM goes. Everyone better hope that he is at least decent.

No, I just want him to go on record. He predicts them to win every game anyway...I want to hear what his prediction is for this season. But he is afraid to answer.
Why does eternal optimism piss you off so much? I'd say there's more than enough negativity going around for you to enjoy if that's your thing.

Iowa looked better offensively today. They still shot poorly from outside but they have good shooters so I think they will shoot their way out of that slump.

Turnovers and defense still a major concern

Why does eternal optimism piss you off so much? I'd say there's more than enough negativity going around for you to enjoy if that's your thing.
I have nothing against optimism. I was hoping he would tell me his prediction so I could compare it with mine to see how close we are. I don’t understand why he is ducking this.

I have yet to see 1 live second of this team - only game threads and stat-tracker. I won’t predict the season until after NYC, however, I’m very confident predicting that Iowa will lose both games by a combined 30-33 points.

Oregon is just going to overpower Iowa. Hawks only hope to just keep it close by shooting 45+ from 3. Low likelihood, so blowout loss.

Cook steps up on the bigger stage in game 2 but they still loose by double digits.

Maybe they learn (no evidence to suggest so in all of Fran’s years) or maybe they just come back and be FrannyMac Iowa. Hmmm, come to think of it, I think it’s safe to predict 15 wins, 6-12 in BIG14.

This season will go the way CM goes. Everyone better hope that he is at least decent.
It’s apparent Fran is going to roll with him. I still have my doubts but he’s looked okay in our first two tests. Not sure he will be able to make those post entries against good teams.

If he keeps getting big minutes, Moss or Dailey will suffer, potentially both.

I have nothing against optimism. I was hoping he would tell me his prediction so I could compare it with mine to see how close we are. I don’t understand why he is ducking this.

Yes, I’m sure that’s what you wanted him to do. What’s your prediction?

Iowa looked better offensively today. They still shot poorly from outside but they have good shooters so I think they will shoot their way out of that slump.

Turnovers and defense still a major concern
Staying consistently around 28% from distance. This must improve whether they shoot 15, 25, or 35 per game.

Or they wont win ten games this year. That's a lot of long rebounds going the other way.

I have yet to see 1 live second of this team - only game threads and stat-tracker. I won’t predict the season until after NYC, however, I’m very confident predicting that Iowa will lose both games by a combined 30-33 points.

Oregon is just going to overpower Iowa. Hawks only hope to just keep it close by shooting 45+ from 3. Low likelihood, so blowout loss.

Cook steps up on the bigger stage in game 2 but they still loose by double digits.

Maybe they learn (no evidence to suggest so in all of Fran’s years) or maybe they just come back and be FrannyMac Iowa. Hmmm, come to think of it, I think it’s safe to predict 15 wins, 6-12 in BIG14.
There we go! Someone willing to step up to the plate.

I can’t disagree with what you say. I was hoping to see improved defense and lower turnovers. Haven’t seen that, but it is only the second game. NYC games will tell us more. Right now I would say a slight improvement record-wise at 12-18. One win in the BTT, and no post-season NIT or NCAA tourney appearance.

There's a bright side to everything, or almost everything. But eternal optimism can come off as a con job.

I don't need to hear that the sun is shining when it's raining. I'll deal with the rain just as I will enjoy the sun.

Ernie Banks didn't wake up every single morning his life wanting to play two.

And I would love to hear Clinton's reasoning on why he never predicts a loss, and why he blames every loss on officiating.

I already have a decent explanation for why some never predict a win. It steels them to deal with the disappointment better.

Latest posts