Iowa vs Green Bay Game Thread

Both of these games would have been blow outs if it wern't for stupid turnovers. No reason Moss isn't taking care of the ball better. 4th year player, his bball IQ should be a lot higher. Moss shouldn't be starting.
This team isn't talented enough to blow any team out. Any team with a pulse, anyway.

Seriously dude.....you don’t like my posts, don’t read them.

Clinton is afraid to give his season prediction. Fine. More power to him/her. He’s just a troll anyway.
Seriously you have a problem. You have 12 posts just on this thread about Clinton. Who did you say was a troll?

WGB game CM with 25 minutes, 11 pts, 3 assists, 1 TO, 1 Reb, and 2 steals.
He played well.

This from the Cedar Rapids Gazette:

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/...-basketball-a-talented-7-foot-2-duck-20181112

— Statistics aren’t overly meaningful through just two games, particularly home games over teams from smaller conferences. But here’s one I found interesting:

Plus/minus numbers are now part of box scores at Iowa home games. Simply, it’s how many points your team scores and allows while you’re in the game.

Through two games, Iowa’s leaders are reserves. Nicholas Baer is plus-30, Connor McCaffery plus-28. Starters Tyler Cook and Joe Wieskamp are plus-18. Starter Isaiah Moss is minus-7.

This is a new stat for me, not certain if it means anything or not.....

:cool:

This from the Cedar Rapids Gazette:

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/...-basketball-a-talented-7-foot-2-duck-20181112

— Statistics aren’t overly meaningful through just two games, particularly home games over teams from smaller conferences. But here’s one I found interesting:

Plus/minus numbers are now part of box scores at Iowa home games. Simply, it’s how many points your team scores and allows while you’re in the game.

Through two games, Iowa’s leaders are reserves. Nicholas Baer is plus-30, Connor McCaffery plus-28. Starters Tyler Cook and Joe Wieskamp are plus-18. Starter Isaiah Moss is minus-7.

This is a new stat for me, not certain if it means anything or not.....

It's been around for a while but hasn't been publicized all that much until recent years. Like any stat, it's not perfect and is less useful when the sample size is smaller. For instance it encompasses aspects out of a player's control such as what opponent players are on the court and what teammates said player is on the court with. As well as the fact that let's say the said player dominates his guy on both sides but the rest of the team struggles. That player could have a bad plus/minus compared to another but still be the better player.

That said don't get that confused with the more advanced box plus/minus which takes into account the offensive and defensive box plus minus of a more advanced variety. ie those inovlve several offensive/defensive statistics to try and paint a players actual worth on both ends of the floor.

It's been around for a while but hasn't been publicized all that much until recent years. Like any stat, it's not perfect and is less useful when the sample size is smaller. For instance it encompasses aspects out of a player's control such as what opponent players are on the court and what teammates said player is on the court with. As well as the fact that let's say the said player dominates his guy on both sides but the rest of the team struggles. That player could have a bad plus/minus compared to another but still be the better player.

That said don't get that confused with the more advanced box plus/minus which takes into account the offensive and defensive box plus minus of a more advanced variety. ie those inovlve several offensive/defensive statistics to try and paint a players actual worth on both ends of the floor.

Thanks for the expert clarification.....

On a game to game basis, it's a fun stat for the fans in the arena. Easy enough to track one player's through the game and argue about it. Just like the number of points scored, the "he did most of his damage in garbage time" will apply and be fun to quibble over.

On a game to game basis, it's a fun stat for the fans in the arena. Easy enough to track one player's through the game and argue about it. Just like the number of points scored, the "he did most of his damage in garbage time" will apply and be fun to quibble over.

Well said. This is pretty much what I was trying to say but probably rambled a bit too much. I'd rather the scorers table focus more on controlling the inadvertent horn. :eek:

Latest posts