Iowa vs. Colorado in Sioux Falls next year

Even better news. We get to do an overseas trip again which should be great for this team that will still be very young.

How is this place making money off this deal? Assuming CU is getting the same deal, they're spending probably around $350,000. The place only seats 3,250 people. Are people forced to spend so much on concessions? TV money?

Furthermore, why did they build this place when they already have a 7,500 seat arena just a few miles away?

Last edited:
How is this place making money off this deal? Assuming CU is getting the same deal, they're spending probably around $350,000. The place only seats 3,250 people. Are people forced to spend so much on concessions? TV money?

Furthermore, why did they build this place when they already have a 7,500 seat arena just a few miles away?

TV money

Seems to be a tourism grab by Sioux Falls, which is smart for them. Get the surrounding state teams to play there, hope to bring some fans.

Does Iowa ever play in Sioux City?

Should get games like this in DM instead if "Big4" matchups.

Missouri
Creighton
Wichita St
Colorado
Kansas
KState

Totally agree, a natural and I love it since I live in Des Moines. TV has made such a mockery of the Iowa home schedule with many 8 pm games where again you get back to Des Moines and 12:30 AM. And I am always wired after the drive to Iowa City, the game, and the drive back so I cant get right to sleep. I might just complain a little more. Man I loved the days of the old big 10 when there were 5 games on Thursday nite and 5 games on Saturday/ By 10 PM both nights you could directly compare the teams in the standing.

I travel further to Iowa City from my home in Wisconsin than most of the western Iowa fans will travel to Sioux Falls for this game. SF is a great city with super restaurants, shopping, and hotels. I think this is a kick a.. idea and would encourage our western Iowa fans to attend. And, South Dakota is a very limited recruiting area, but take a look at Iowa's history there and it can pay some dividends, particularly in football. When I grew up in NW Iowa, SF population was 35,000. Today it is well over 100,000 and one of the hottest business areas in the Midwest. Yahoo!

3250 seat arena. :eek: That one will sell out quick.

Sanford-Pentagon-Heritage.jpg

Last edited:
I travel further to Iowa City from my home in Wisconsin than most of the western Iowa fans will travel to Sioux Falls for this game. SF is a great city with super restaurants, shopping, and hotels. I think this is a kick a.. idea and would encourage our western Iowa fans to attend. And, South Dakota is a very limited recruiting area, but take a look at Iowa's history there and it can pay some dividends, particularly in football. When I grew up in NW Iowa, SF population was 35,000. Today it is well over 100,000 and one of the hottest business areas in the Midwest. Yahoo!

That's neat and all but why didn't they build that arena to be bigger?

Latest posts