Iowa vs Arizona Game Thread

For whatever reason this one doesnt hurt me. Really I'm glad we have lost so that we dont have to listen to the NC chance talk anymore. Glad we got it out of the way early in the season.

Yeah, we should never dream of winning a NC. Who wants to win the big prize anyways? :rolleyes:

Basically, you're glad we lost. What a fan you are. :mad:

For whatever reason this one doesnt hurt me. Really I'm glad we have lost so that we dont have to listen to the NC chance talk anymore. Glad we got it out of the way early in the season.

I'm bothered because I really thought this Iowa team was that good (good enough to run the table) and I'm ****** because I don't think the got beat. They didn't show up and go beat. And then they come back and tie it when all looked lost and then lost. It was like getting your heart ripped out twice.

They still have a great shot at the Rose Bowl though. I hope they learn from this.

I not only thought they were good enough on a personal "I'm a fan and I want them to win level", but I also thought they were really good enough to win no matter what the circumstances that the desert presented.

They had a bad night, (the worst I've seen them play in the last 2 years), but it was just a bad night. I'll take them next week and the week after if they play up to their standards.

The offensive line looked sluggish all night. This game was lost in the trenches, and with abysmal special teams play. If we do not get this cleaned up quickly, it's going to be a struggle this season. We have to be able to run the ball in order for us to be able to execute our game plan. You can bet every team we face is going to salivate over this game film.

Time for our coaching staff to earn their paychecks.

This season is far from over, they will regroup and learn. There is still a whole lot on the table for this season. Bad play early on got them in a hole but they showed great toughness and resiliency to come back and make it a game. A lot of teams would've thrown in the towel after that first half. There is hope in this game, without those special teams miscues it would've been a much different game. The Arizona was only able to score 13 points on our D we gave them 21. Granted it was our mistakes that gave them those points but it shows that this defense is still very good.

The offensive line looked sluggish all night. This game was lost in the trenches, and with abysmal special teams play. If we do not get this cleaned up quickly, it's going to be a struggle this season. We have to be able to run the ball in order for us to be able to execute our game plan. You can bet every team we face is going to salivate over this game film.

Time for our coaching staff to earn their paychecks.

We were in a hole early we couldn't set up our game plan because of that. Teams will only be able to do what AZ did tonight by getting a early and big lead. And tonight showed that even in that almost insurmountable situation we can come back and compete we have the play makers to do so on any given play.