Iowa v Xavier Official Game Thread

Wow! I tried to follow on the espn sports center score tracker app, and the tracker said foul on **** every 3rd post. It was incredible. I also was reading this thread. Sooooo... Bad officials? Lol. Jkjk

Polka.

This could be one of the greatest Hawkeye Weekends ever.....

Following this win, and a football victory at Nebraska, followed by a victory over UTEP/TENN, leaving Kanasas in the wings is Hawkeye Heaven even it Kansas should prevail......

We won and without much offense from white, Woodbury, Uthoff, and Jok. That's a strong engine that pours out power with half the pistons hitting.

I'll say it again, this team doesn't quit. I thought they dig too big a hole for themselves in the 2nd half but they found a way to grind it out.

What did I say at halftime? What did I say? In the second half and OT we out rebounded the X men by 5 and shot 20/26 on free throws, and it sure was enough to beat the team and the officials, who were occasionally one-sided and consistently **** poor. Gotta play to our strengths. What did I say?

We won and without much offense from white, Woodbury, Uthoff, and Jok. That's a strong engine that pours out power with half the pistons hitting.

White was REALLY tentative tonight. There were several times when he passed up a shot.

We won the game when Stainbrook fouled out. Wow, grind it out win. Let's hope Dev is drinking some pickle juice tonight. Cramps can be one of those things that just keep popping up over the course of a couple weeks if they hit you hard.

Going to email him a couple of these barrels.....

Pickle-barrel.bmp

What did I say at halftime? What did I say? In the second half and OT we out rebounded the X men by 5 and shot 20/26 on free throws, and it sure was enough to beat the team and the officials, who were occasionally one-sided and consistently **** poor. Gotta play to our strengths. What did I say?
What the fox say?

We won the game when Stainbrook fouled out. Wow, grind it out win. Let's hope Dev is drinking some pickle juice tonight. Cramps can be one of those things that just keep popping up over the course of a couple weeks if they hit you hard.

The way Stainbrook was pushing and submarining Iowa players, he should have gotten two quick fouls in the first half, sat the rest of the way, 3 and 4 early in the second half, and No. 5 with about five minutes left when Mack had no other choice but to play him because Iowa was ahead by about 15.

I generally don't think refs affect the outcome but this game was an exception. They certainly did when they let go what they did under the basket.

White was REALLY tentative tonight. There were several times when he passed up a shot.

I really think he needs to start shooting the 10-ft jumper to get in a rhythm shooting outside. I would really like to see him run curls through the lane and get that shot. White is never really going to be a post up guy, but he needs to be more of a threat scoring other than the transition game.

Our conditioning helped out also as their players were standing around on offense the last five minutes of the game. Xavier will learn a lot from this game as will our players.

white left his game back in Iowa City. tell one of the freshman team managers to fly back and get it. Still, this is a game Iowa would have lost last year. 6-0 and 1-0 against decent teams. ugly wins are way better than pretty losses.

The way Stainbrook was pushing and submarining Iowa players, he should have gotten two quick fouls in the first half, sat the rest of the way, 3 and 4 early in the second half, and No. 5 with about five minutes left when Mack had no other choice but to play him because Iowa was ahead by about 15.

I generally don't think refs affect the outcome but this game was an exception. They certainly did when they let go what they did under the basket.

I agree with this and the amount of contact that was let go, or shall I say what was chosen to be called underneath was not consistent and seemed to go against Iowa more often than not. Just call the game as intended.

Latest posts