Iowa v Purdue Game Thread

Except now when the game is on the line in the 4th quarter they won't go for it on 4th and 1 since they didn't convert on it in the 1st.

You are probably right. That line of thinking makes about as much sense as not going for it on 4th and short because you didn't get it on 3rd and short.

The announcers noted a stat that says it all. Iowa has the lowest yds/carry on 1st down in the conference. Why? Predictability. Plain and simple.

So now that Iowa couldn't convert on a 4th and 4 or 5, the Coach will talk about playing the odds, it never works to takes risks, yadda, yadda, yadda.

The announcers noted a stat that says it all. Iowa has the lowest yds/carry on 1st down in the conference. Why? Predictability. Plain and simple.
Whoaa, hadn't heard that and I'm not being sarcastic.
That stat may tell it all for the offensive philosophy of Iowa football.

JVB still can't hit a receiver in stride... KMM would have had a huge gain except he had to reach back, below his waist even to catch the ball.

At least we're losing with dignity.

People around the country really respect us paying 4 million dollars a year for a coach that's as clean as whistle.

Shame on Pete Carroll, Jim Tresssel, John Calipari, Bobby Petrino, Bobby Bowden etc.

The thing I enjoy most about watching sports is running a clean program. Who cares about winning? Medals for all. This one is for running a clean program and this one is for trying hard. I'm okay with 8-4. I love looking at Ferentz and his squeaky clean history. That's why I invest time and money following football. Yay for losing with dignity! I'm gonna go back to watching Kirk on the sidelines now. What an admirable guy.

Iowa's offense works when u have great players. We don't, so it looks like ****. Our players try hard, but they are just not that good. Plain and simple. MAC level.

That, or the fact we have no good running backs and no passing game.

Wrong again. Iowa has a couple of good backs, albiet injured this year along with a couple of injuries to O-line man.

The passing combination has been a HORRIBLE combination of dropped passes and then the fact that JVB can't hit a receiver in stride.

Latest posts