Iowa v PSU Depth Chart: No Weisman (Garmon & Canzeri)

Stop what? Dudes got a bad ankle sprain. Its obvious. It was obvious when he couldnt finish the ganme Saturday. Its probably a 3-4 week recovery period before hes close to 100%., though he might play earlier.

The mere fact they are considering Canzeri at all means they dont think Weisman can go.

Ohhh and we aint seeing Bullock until the bowl game at the earliest.

Bullock still suffering from the head injury? Is it possible for the 2-deeps to change by the end of the week?
2-deeps mean nothing by a Kirk coached team. They rarely change and don't always mean playing time. It's just a standard 2-deep for the most part.

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Weisman pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

This is now the best post in the history of Hawkeye Nation, replacing what I had declared the winner yesterday.

First we heard twisted ankle then bruised leg then something wrong with the foot and now we're back to high ankle sprain? Let's just wait until tomorrow to hear what's really wrong.

Yeah because Kirk is always so open about discussing injuries. It will probably go something like this:

"Lower leg type thing. We're looking at it, doesn't look good but we don't anticipate him needing a ligament repair. Not practicing today. Needs to practice to play this Saturday. "

Stop what? Dudes got a bad ankle sprain. Its obvious. It was obvious when he couldnt finish the ganme Saturday. Its probably a 3-4 week recovery period before hes close to 100%., though he might play earlier.

The mere fact they are considering Canzeri at all means they dont think Weisman can go.

BOWL GAME What Bowl game I didn't know 4 wins got you one.

JAMMIN' JIMMY VENDERBARG WILL THROW US TO VICTORY OVER TEH PED STATES!!!11!!

2-deeps mean nothing by a Kirk coached team. They rarely change and don't always mean playing time. It's just a standard 2-deep for the most part.

Actually they mean quite a lot if you take the time to think about them. Ask yourself this who was the last starter to leave a game due to injury, be absent from the Monday 2 deeps, and play the same week?

128676117267330475.jpg

There has been no word out about what his injury is, or how serious it may be. Both Kurt and Weisman said over the weekend at different points that it doesn't look to be that serious, and Weisman seemed confident he will play against Penn State. Yet you come out and say that Weisman has perhaps the worst ankle injury a RB can have, without anything to back up your point. You want to say he sprained his ankle, fine. But don't go spreading that he has a high ankle sprain, when you in fact have no idea what the diagnosis is.

There has been no word out about what his injury is, or how serious it may be. Both Kurt and Weisman said over the weekend at different points that it doesn't look to be that serious, and Weisman seemed confident he will play against Penn State. Yet you come out and say that Weisman has perhaps the worst ankle injury a RB can have, without anything to back up your point. You want to say he sprained his ankle, fine. But don't go spreading that he has a high ankle sprain, when you in fact have no idea what the diagnosis is.

It doesn't matter what the rumor going around town is. Duff could say it is a high ankle sprain until his face is as blue as his balls; but it still won't change anything. History tells us we can go 8 deep in the RB and still win. Granted we don't have KOK to adjust the play calling anymore, but GD will be able to handle it.

JVB is going to be practicing the screen pass all week to counter the blitz. Everything will be fine! :cool:

Derby is just another example of KF completely ignoring younger more talented players in favor of more experienced seniors.

Huh, turns out hes out with an ankle sprain. Whoda thunk it, I mean other than me of course.

So my take, based on various things KF and MW have been quoted on, is that MW was going to have a light workout on Wed and will practice w/ the team on Thur.

A co-worker of mine saw MW leaving the football complex, dare I say on a moped, yesterday late afternoon (no boot btw). The team, at that time, was on the field in Kinnick practicing. I suspect he will practice w/ the team today and an evaluation of his condition/performance will be made.

I really don't expect to see him on the field Saturday night. Wouldn't surprise me if he is in uniform though. He's probably going to be a 3rd or 4th option. How much has Gimm been on the field this year? Rogers seems more than serviceable to me if they really decide they need a power back in there but what do I know? Seems like Gimm leading for Rogers in the two TE set would get the job done.

Considering the level of Oline play this year I think Garmon will do alright. Of course I'm still waiting for the TEs to really step it up and help open up the running game. Weather should be good so hopefully JVB will have his best game of the year.

Latest posts