Iowa v Iowa State Game Thread

I'm very disappointed that with allegedly the best O-line in the Big Ten we don't have the confidence to get 1 yard with the game on the line, knowing that a field goal won't be enough with the way ISU scored TDs on the previous 3 possessions.

This had nothing to do with heart, we don't have any talent on defense, its that simple.

Why does it seem that our defense is always "gassed" at the end of games? Is it because we play that "bend but don't break-- right away" defense??

I still cannot believe that we did not at least take the opportunity to win at the end of regulation... top notch programs would not even think of circling the wagons with time left on the clock. :mad:

I feel sorry for the players who are not given the chance to show what they can do, in favor of "not screwing up".

You have to kick the field goal in that situation. If we go for it and don't get it ISU wouldn't even have to move the ball to kick a FG and win the game. Think about it

I'm very disappointed that with allegedly the best O-line in the Big Ten we don't have the confidence to get 1 yard with the game on the line, knowing that a field goal won't be enough with the way ISU scored TDs on the previous 3 possessions.

Amen (x2)

I'm willing to bet that we have the better team. We have more talent. We just have coaches that have their heads up their a**es.
I don't care how good coker is, when you run the ball up the gut over and over while the other team is stacking the box... You're setting yourself up to fail.
When we have an insanely talented WR, McNutt, and don't throw the ball to him when he has the advantage over an undersized cb... You're setting yourself up to fail.
When you're playing for overtime on the road with over a minute left and two timeouts... Your setting yourself up to fail.
When you don't go for it on a 4th & short 1, knowing your defense can't stop their offense... You're setting yourself up to fail.

I'm not calling for KF to be fired our anything drastic, but for f**k sakes the coaching staff needs to change their ways and win some games and not let off the gas when we have the lead. The coaches are supposed to help us win, not hurt our chances.

I think lately Iowa has won the close games despite the coaches, not because of the coaches.

/rant

You have to kick the field goal in that situation. If we go for it and don't get it ISU wouldn't even have to move the ball to kick a FG and win the game. Think about it

No. You don't. You have to be smart enough to realize that we can't stop them, the defense has no gas left left, and the chances of gaining 1 yard are significantly highter than going for 3 and stopping their offense.