Iowa up to 14 in coaches

My thoughts:

1. Oregon has looked more impressive THIS YEAR than OSU, but I think OSU is ranked ahead of them simply based on the Rose Bowl results.

2. Nebraska getting any first place votes and being ranked that high is a joke. They have played no one and should not be rewarded for that.

3. Oklahoma and Michigan State are way undervalued. Both of those teams have played better competition than anyone in the Top 10 and have still managed to stay undefeated.

4. How pi$$ed are you if you're South Carolina right now? You beat the #1 team in the country soundly, have the same number of losses as them, and you still can't crack the Top 10. Your only loss is to #7 Auburn at their place by single digits.

5. Based on Iowa's SOS and record, they're about where they should be.

Oregon has one good win. Ohio State has one good win. Oregon plays like a video game. Newsflash: that rarely is what wins the championship. Defense does it, and Oregon's is nothing special. Ohio State has the defense, and an offense that is more than good enough.

Oregon has one good win. Ohio State has one good win. Oregon plays like a video game. Newsflash: that rarely is what wins the championship. Defense does it, and Oregon's is nothing special. Ohio State has the defense, and an offense that is more than good enough.

Exactly correct.

We are about to find out how good this team is. Three ranked teams. MSU potentially unbeaten and in the Top-10 when we play them. We win these three games and we will be a top-10 team with good wins, nationally relevant, and playing for the Rose Bowl. Lose one two games and it will be more of a an Outback Bowl type season. I can't wait to see what happens.

I was upset at first with our ranking but then when I looked closer all the one loss teams who are ahead of us should be and of course the undefeated teams who are ahead of us should be.

Florida remains ranked despite sucking. Voters always have a tough time letting go of perennial powers. Probably also why the Stanford win was considered good despite USC being terrible.

I'm OK with these rankings for the most part. Iowa will get a chance to prove themselves ON THE FIELD. Is this a great team and will they get a chance to play for a spot in the rose bowl? Or are they a good team and hope for a NYD bowl game? I'm very excited for the next few games to find out! I can't wait to see how our D handles denard.

At least Iowa moved up one slot in the coaches poll and stayed the same on the AP poll.

Based on how things turned out yesterday I was afraid the Hawks might slip a slot or two in both polls.

Tell me again though, who's slowed Oregon's offense? And more importantly, who is going to? I agree that their defense isn't anything special, but until someone comes even close to slowing their offense, let alone consider stopping it, I don't know how anybody will beat them.

yesterday and last night was a great day of football (sans no Hawk game), I like seeing the polls get shaken around. Neb. "may" not get past Texas, TCU "may" not get past Air Force, etc. We at least have our shot to wreak havoc ourselves over the rest of the season. It should be fun.

Dropping 9 spots for Zona seems pretty harsh. They beat Iowa a few weeks ago and were already ranked 6 spots ahead of them. Goes to show you that early season losses are much easier to overcome

Latest posts