Iowa to change practice times to 6am

Nope, I would not even want to open the ISU clown forums. Afterwards I would have to run every antivirus program known to man to decontaminate my system.

You may want to run that antivirus software anyway; it appears that you may already have the KirFer Trojan Horse virus. I understand that it makes you believe that all is well; but in the background it's degrading your programs without you realizing it. It definitely looks as though your processor is infected.

Will someone explain to me, why even in a slow news cycle, this made the news. On a scale of 1-10 this is a 1, BFD practice times are earlier. Now publish survey #2 so we can continue to point out how f***ed up Barta is and we have something to talk about.

To me, this is an important shift. Will it fix things this season? Who knows, but I doubt it, but we'll see.

Why is this news? Because it explains the cancelation of the Johnson County breakfast, to a degree.

How is this an important change? It is like being excited about changing the start of games from 1:00 to 11:00 thinking that they will play better. How would starting practice earlier make a difference in the performance of the team? Kirk in his latest interview has admitted that there will be no real changes in the style of play, they just need to do it better. People buying into the, "see there is some real change going on in Hawkeyeland, Kirk is having morning practices" are delusional.

I believe it shows a mindset of the coaches are willing to try new things and not just assume doing it the same way will be good enough. The coaches were in that mode in 2013 after that horrible 4-8 season and they tried things like no-huddle offense and the raiders defense. mixed results but when the coaches are showing they are willing to try new things, the players are a little more engaged and the end result was both the offense and defense got better in 2013 compared to 2012. then something strange happened and the team regressed in 2014.

How is this an important change? It is like being excited about changing the start of games from 1:00 to 11:00 thinking that they will play better. How would starting practice earlier make a difference in the performance of the team? Kirk in his latest interview has admitted that there will be no real changes in the style of play, they just need to do it better. People buying into the, "see there is some real change going on in Hawkeyeland, Kirk is having morning practices" are delusional.

Because study's show that most people are more alert and better able to learn in early morning and that physical activity at this time of day provides you with more energy throughout the day. It's a move to try and gain an edge over other teams. That's how, in my opinion. Is this the end all be all to fix all of Iowa's problems? Not even close. But it's a change and one I think will eventually lead to improvements on the field.

Yes and I hear they are changing from Gatorade to Powerade, that KerFer, he is a radical, an innovator. Give me a break, you koolaid drinkers are looking for anything that would justify your blind faith in this has-been.

How incredibly rude and disrespectful to refer to someone with the grace and character of Kirk Ferentz as a has been. Guess what, bubba... at least he HAS been. You are a never was. As far as life achievements and personal character go I doubt you could carry the jock of the guy who carries his jock.

I believe it shows a mindset of the coaches are willing to try new things and not just assume doing it the same way will be good enough. The coaches were in that mode in 2013 after that horrible 4-8 season and they tried things like no-huddle offense and the raiders defense. mixed results but when the coaches are showing they are willing to try new things, the players are a little more engaged and the end result was both the offense and defense got better in 2013 compared to 2012. then something strange happened and the team regressed in 2014.

To clarify, the offense stayed the same, the defense regressed (with all new LBs).

I get that people want to see change. But, it's really about getting better personnel to run a system that works just fine when you have the horses and they work hard and together as a team.

You don't have much to say that's positive. I'd like your opinion. Is there anything about the program that you think is good or do we need to blow it all up from the A.D. to the coaches, players, stadium all the way down to the concessions. I'm just curious.

I'm more concerned about the rest of this news release.... "Hawks will have their day off on Thursday rather than Monday"... so walk-thru on Friday, game Sat. - curious what other programs are doing this?

I'm more concerned about the rest of this news release.... "Hawks will have their day off on Thursday rather than Monday"... so walk-thru on Friday, game Sat. - curious what other programs are doing this?

I think it is an attempt to keep their bodies fresh on Saturday. If you don't think they are watching film on Thursday or doing something non-coached football related, you just don't understand how college football works.

It is an interesting change, but whether or not it helps will be determined this fall.

Yes and I hear they are changing from Gatorade to Powerade, that KerFer, he is a radical, an innovator. Give me a break, you koolaid drinkers are looking for anything that would justify your blind faith in this has-been.

Yeah, you hatorade drinkers sure do like to whiz all over everything.

The only thing more boring about being around Kirk in the PM, is being around Kirk....in the AM.

No, the only thing more boring is coming to this forum every couple of weeks for a dose of negativity reading you guys repeat yourselves ad infinitum. It's a contest to see who can be the most negative and crack yourselves up with your "wit".

I'm sure they are just scheduling around CJ's Quantum Physics classes or something right?

Lots of programs and sports do this. They do it to make sure that players aren't out enjoying their social life all night, and it works very well.

That's what I was thinking when I read the article. The players will not be as tempted by the late evening social life because they'll need to get up early the next morning.

Latest posts